peacock blue

Saturday, November 14, 2009


The inspiration for both of these cards was the peacock.  I had a lovely peacock feather stamp I wanted to use by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.  I created the blue background to work on using some canvas textured card, I mixed some clear gesso and acrylic paint and painted the card.

For the first card I stamped the feathers in a semi circle in white ink. I gave the card a distressed look as below. I added a strip of white grosgrain ribbon and two pieces of foam raised the text section of the card. I added some flat backed gems as detail in the feathers. Text is Anna Griffin sentiments.

For the second card I simply stamped the peacock feathers in an even pattern using white ink. I created a slightly distressed look by rubbing the ink pad gently over the card, it picked up the grain of the card nicely. I made a bow and glued it to the top of the card. I had a nice piece of teal pleated moire ribbon that I added to the base of the card, I added the text on a separate piece of card and punched two holes in it to thread some ribbon through it. I finished the card off with some flat backed gems. Text is from Anna Griffin In the Garden set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.