LOVE quilled Valentine

Monday, February 8, 2010



This card took a while to make but I had it in my mind and just had to create it! I started out with basic white card as my base. I printed out the letters LOVE large enough to fit the card. I traced out the letters and transfered them to the card. Using the quilling crimping tool I crimped several strips of dark pink quilling paper. I put a thin line of glue on the outline of each letter (it's easier to do this half a letter at a time) and carefully glued the crimped paper on it's side outlining each letter. Leave to dry.

Quilling tools are pretty essential as are tweezers! I filled each letter with varying sizes, shapes and colors of quilled shapes. I then added another outline of crimped paper in a lighter pink around each letter. Leave to dry. I then stamped the text at the bottom of the card 'a lifetime of love' in a light pink ink. 

Meanwhile I made a series of quilled scrolls, double scrolls, coils and heart shapes in various shades of pink. I just let these flow naturally underneath the text and a little above on the right. This takes some playing around with but you just have to let each piece 'grow' from the next, that's the best way I can describe it. I glued each of these in place. To finish I added a few diamontes here and there for a little sparkle. 

Quilling does take time and patience but the results are rewarding. Have a go at adding some quilled elements to your cards. You might just become addicted like I have!

Studio G clear stamps a lifetime of love.

7 comments

  1. this card was very beautiful, I loved!
    Nati(from Brazil)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Nati, I love your blog, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and unique!!! I love your Love card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is fabulous. I obviously have not used my crimper enough because I LOVE the way it enhances this card.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like using the crimping tool, especially for foliage on flowers, this card took a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I shared it on my post of fun valentine's day paper quilling finds: http://www.honeysquilling.com/2012/02/paper-quilling-for-valentines-day/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.