St.Patrick's Day Festival cards

Thursday, February 25, 2010

 These cards were inspired by all the bright green colors that are seen in St.Patrick's Day festivals.

I won't go into too much detail here on each card as I used pretty much the same techniques and elements in all the cards just arranged in different ways.

I used the same square white card for each. I used blending chalks to add the light green color in each card. I used various sizes of crimped green card on each. The hardest things to make were the little loops/tags of ribbon and quilled paper, they were just a bit fiddly. I just added strips of ribbon and buttons in various arrangements. The quilled shamrock is made up of simple tear drop shapes added together. The tags I simply cut out of white card and stamped the various elements. I did highlight some detail on the shamrocks on the first card using a white ink pen, I added a few layers of this and allowed to dry. I used the same light green blending chalks over the white ink, it really made them pop.

I like making smaller cards sometimes because I can try out different ideas to see what works. The smaller cards are great too because they're quick. It's fun to play around with the different elements. Hope you get some ideas from these!

Studio G Designer clear stamps, Studio G stamps Janet Dunn, Impress Dye Ink Emerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.