Lace Indulgence!

Monday, March 22, 2010



Ok, this is my favorite card from the three I made for the Doilies and Lace challenge at Moxie Fab World.

I'm so glad my mom keeps all her little bits and pieces of lace and fabric now! The rosette lace and piece of lace behind it were salvaged from an old nighty! The little bows were already on it! I painted a piece of the lace in turquoise using Creative Inspirations Paints. I created the blended look by wetting the lace before I painted it. When it was dry I made it into a simple rosette by doing a running stitch along one side, gathering it and sewing the ends together. The pearl centre is a old clip-on earring, which was actually very handy for attaching the rosette to the card!

The background paper is called Damask Aqua and it's from Girls best friend by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick.

On top of that, I put a wide piece of broderie anglaise or eyelet lace that I painted in Sea Foam Creative Inspiration Paints. The eyelet lace was originally white and it turned out really nice, you can really see the shimmer effect on it.

The turquoise ribbon, originally pale blue was painted using the same turquoise paint as the rosette. The pale green ribbon was a piece that was attached to the salvaged nighty lace! The sentiment is from Anna Griffin and I used blending chalks to soften the effect a little. I added a few flat backed pearls to finish.

I have a feeling you'll be seeing a few more lace inspired cards from me in the future, I had a lot of fun with this!!

4 comments

  1. What a gorgeous card.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous lace and color! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful- love the lace- I love that your Mom saves pieces of laces- I do that....... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Clare! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.