Polka dotty!

Thursday, March 25, 2010








This is a fun little card I put together for the Poppy Seed Challenge at Poppy Paperie. This weeks seeds (elements) were Buttons, Polka Dots and Light Moss. I did go a bit crazy with the polka dots! I hope my digital button qualifies as an element!

I love this digital flower stamp by Nina Brackett I got at Squigglefly, it's part of a set, the others are fab too! I really am loving the versatility of digital stamps, especially the resizing options. Anyway, I printed the flower on light white card and colored it in using Creative Inspirations Paints. I used blush on the petals, fuchsia on the tips, canary for the button centre and evergreen for the stitching. The paints give a nice little shimmer detail to the flower. I stamped the polka dots on the petals in fuchsia. I gently folded the petals upward to make them stand up.

The background paper is a digital paper from Attic Treasures Collection. For the petals I just drew them freehand in the same paper and cut out. I softened the edges with chalks, rubbed a little ink on the edges and folded lightly in half. The sentiment is from Anna Griffin and I softened the edges using blending chalks. I added some grosgrain ribbon to finish.

Supplies:

Stamps: Digital flower stamp by Nina Brackett at Squigglefly, Anna Griffin Sentiments, polka dot border Studio G St.Patrick's Day set
Ink: Memento Rose Bud, VersaMagic Tea Leaves
Paint: Creative Inspirations Paint Canary, Blush, Fuchsia, Evergreen
Cardstock: White, green polka dot digital paper from Attic Treasures Collection at Scrap Girls
Other: Blending chalks, foam pads, glue, scissors, hot pink grosgrain ribbon, pink and white stitched grosgrain ribbon

3 comments

  1. So pretty! I love all the polka dots and that sweet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Clare. Lovely color combination with your outstanding blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is just fabulous! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.