Snowdrops

Saturday, March 20, 2010





I think we've finally seen the last of the snow, we've had a bit of rain and things are finally starting to grow!

I've only just started to venture into trying digital stamps and paper. I was a little cautious at first but now I'm definitely converted!

This lovely Snowdrop digital stamp is from the Spring blooms digital set available free at Paper Garden Projects! There's some lovely other images and sentiments in the set too.

The striped background paper is from Ready For Spring by Elise and Jude over at the Digichick.

On the smaller Snowdrops card I painted the stems and leaves using watercolor paints. The flowers were painted with Fairy Dust Inspirations paint from Creative Inspirations. The Fairy Dust paint gave a lovely light shimmer effect on the flowers and really makes them stand out. I highlighted some of the sentiment using the same paint. On this card I also used some green felt to back the image and sentiment. I added some cute buttons and a garden twine bow to finish.

On the larger Snowdrops card, I used watercolor paints to paint the stems and leaves but I added some shimmer details over the stems using the Evergreen Inspirations paint. This time I painted the flowers using the Winter Frost Inspirations paint, it's slightly more opaque so it gave more of a silver like finish. I added some highlights to the sentiment with the paint too. This time I backed the image and sentiment in a lime green card. I added a wooden button, satin ribbon and some stitched thread to finish.

10 comments

  1. Really lovely! I think the fairy dust and little buttons add so much, but it's not a bit overdone. Am so glad it's finally spring here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, yes, I'm glad spring is making an appearance at last, I'm looking forward to seeing more flowers in the garden, more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Those cards are amazing!! What a marvelous job coloring the images and laying out the cards. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing them with me. Its such a thrill to see someone use the images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words Cathy, it's a pleasure to use your images they're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards
    nice collored

    karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. that turned out so pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card- love the digi you used and the colors are just perfect- love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!! I love cathy's drawings! I really love how they shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the great comments! Nice to get some feedback : )

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.