Swirling butterfly card

Saturday, March 20, 2010





I did this card yesterday for this weeks FTTC58 at Flourishes.

I also got a chance to play with my Inspirations Paints from Creative Inspirations that just arrived. I found them really easy to work with, really smooth and great coverage. Watercolor brushes work well in applying the paint.

The background paper I used is a digital paper from Shabby Princess, it's called Harlequin in the Granny's Parlor Paper Collection. I used the Winter Frost Inspirations paint and painted some of the diamonds in the design. I painted a circle of card in the same Winter Frost as a border.

I used the Tutu Pink Inspirations paint to stamp the butterfly (Anna Griffin, In the Garden), I applied the paint by dabbing it on lightly with a sponge, I was pleasantly surprised how well it stamped, it gives a slightly raised finish and a lovely shimmer of course! I painted a strip of plain white satin ribbon in the same pink to match and used it as tabs under the sentiment.

The sentiment is from the same Anna Griffin set and I stamped that in Rose Bud Memento Ink. I added a few swirls of quilling paper, satin ribbon and some flat backed pearls to finish.

4 comments

  1. Simply GORGEOUS!!! Love the sparkly BG paper and the butterfly. You did a wonderful on the Sketch!!! Perfect design!!!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors and design, Claire! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What an elegant beauty!! I love the quilled swirls and the technique you used for the butterfly!! Beautiful colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments, it was a great sketch to work with, nice to try something different, it's easy to get stuck in a rut with layouts!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.