Paper pieced Spring flowers!

Thursday, April 8, 2010


I did say I was loving paper piecing, so here's my next creation using this technique. It's also for the Picking up the pieces challenge at Moxie Fab World . I used Button Flowers digital stamp by Nina Brackett as a template for the flowers, the fab papers are from Mind's Eye Spring papers pack that came with Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine UK (Issue 75). I made quite a few cards using these papers and I still have loads left! I simply cut out each petal in a different paper and glued them onto some white card. Once dry I cut them out and bent the petals forward to give them a 3D effect.




The butterflies background paper is a digital paper from the Ready for Spring set at the Digichick. The base card is white card and I used some blending chalks to add color. The sentiment I did on the computer and printed out. I used a light blue blending chalk on the edges. I added a little detail to the polka dot paper with a scallop cutter.




I added a little stitched detail on the sewing machine around the edges of the card, on the stems and leaves.  I hand-stitched the circles as the flower centres because it would have been a little tricky on the machine! I added a little pale blue (almost turquoise) grosgrain ribbon, some buttons and a little garden twine to finish.


Supplies:


Stamps: Button Flowers digital stamp by Nina Brackett at Squigglefly
Cardstock/ Paper: White card, Ready for Spring set at the Digichick, Mind's Eye Spring papers pack that came with Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine UK (Issue 75)
Other: Blending chalks, foam pads, glue, scissors, pink thread, sewing machine, scallop cutter, pale blue/ turquoise grosgrain ribbon, text printed out from printer, garden twine, buttons.

3 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love all the paper piecing you have added to his card. Today is the day they announce the winners. You should be one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clare! Thanks again for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.