Quilled flower pot!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010


Ok, I've been really busy working on a quilling tutorial but I've managed to put together a quick card today with some of the quilled flowers I've been making. I love this color combination of turquoise, yellow and white, so fresh!


The polka dot paper is from The Digichick. The scallop square was ready made. I used Creative Inspirations Paint in turquoise to stamp the text background. This paint is just great for stamping, I used a fine sponge to dab it on, you need very little. This turquoise color is really vibrant. I drew a little sketch for the pot shape and used it as a template to cut out the patterned paper.


The quilled flowers were really simple too, check out my previous tutorial for the large daisy flower. The smaller daisies are just the centre of the larger flower repeated. The small flowers are simple heart shapes. The stems are crimped quilling strips in scrolls and loops. I added a little stitching detail on the sewing machine around the edges and I added a little tag and organza ribbon to finish. Quick and fresh!

Supplies:

Paper/Cardstock: White card, Polka dot paper from Girl's Best Friend Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp from the Digichick, white scallop square
Stamps: Anna Griffin In the Garden
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint Turquoise
Other: Quilling papers in pistachio, daffodil, white and yellow, quilling slotted tool, quilling crimping tool, glue, foam pads, double sided tape, white thread, sewing machine, scissors, yellow organza ribbon.

5 comments

  1. This is a beautiful card. Love all those quilled flowers. They really add a touch of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful - you are right, these colors are so fresh!
    i was wondering if you could explain how you did the yellow ribbon at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. The yellow ribbon is just a strip of ribbon with a knot in the end, the tag has a hole punched in it, I just slipped the strip of ribbon through and attached it on the inside of the card. I just made a separate little bow then and glued it on the front where the hole is. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this card is absolutely gorgeous; love the color combinations and how you used the same polka dot paper for the flower pot and the card base - I LOVE anything dotty. Your quilled flowers are so pretty and I really like how you crimped their stems, nice touch.

    Tracey
    www.quillynilly.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my this is incredibly cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.