Teapot card

Sunday, April 11, 2010


Yes, it is a teapot shaped card! I made this for The Shabby Tearoom challenge 'Embrace the white' (you could use white or cream and one other subtle color). I decided to go with cream and a pale sage color. I had been playing around with some teacup and teapot shapes anyway, so I thought I'd go with that theme. * (My card made it into the Terrific Top 3 at The Shabby Tearoom! So delighted.) *


I sketched a simple teapot shape and enlarged it on the computer. I used this as a template to make my card base. Once I had the shape cut out I added the striped sage paper at the top and bottom of the card. I softened the edges with a little pale green blending chalk. I used Creative Inspirations Paint in Winter Frost and added a little detail to the edges with a paint brush. The shimmer really added that little something extra to the card. I gathered a piece of cream lace by hand and glued it to the card, I attached a little garden twine over this to make it a little more secure.


I stamped the Anna Griffin sentiment in sage and softened the edges with chalk and added the same detail with the Creative Inspirations shimmer paint around the edges. I made a couple of tabs from pale green satin ribbon and attached some old buttons on top. I added a couple of bows, a piece of fringed trim and some flat backed pearls to finish. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

Supplies:

Cardstock/paper: Pearl cream card, green stripe digital paper from the Digichick
Stamps: Anna Griffin sentiment
Ink: Versa Magic Sage
Paint: Creative Inspirations Paint Winter Frost
Other: Lace, pale green satin ribbon, buttons, blending chalks, fringe trim in cream, flat backed pearls, garden twine, double sided tape, paint brush, glue, scissors, blade or scalpel.

9 comments

  1. This is beautiful Clare. Absolutely lovely and so appropriate for the challenge. I've had a quick look around your blog and, gosh, you are so talented!
    Hugs
    Peri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTEY GORGEOUS ... and {perfect} for this challenge and our blog!!! Wonderful design and beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week! I hope you can come back on Monday to give our next challenge a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow. I am drooling. This is just so cool! Wonderful design and absolutely gorgeous creation. Love the fringe on the tea pot lid and that wide gathered lace is just too yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Such a fabulous shape and detailing. Pure shabby goodness! Congrats for making the top 3 at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super card!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning and beautiful! congratulations on being one of the top three winners over at the Shabby Tea Room blog. You certainly deserve it with this gorgeous teapot card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the great comments! I'm so delighted to be in the Terrific top 3! Loved the challenge and had great fun making the card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.