Vintage bunny card

Friday, April 2, 2010




I forgot I had this vintage bunny picture on my computer, I downloaded it ages ago. I thought it would be perfect for a vintage inspired Easter card. I also made this for the 'Lets Get Scrappy' Week #3 challenge at The Shabby Tea Room.


I raided my bits and pieces box for the background papers, lace and ribbon. I focused on peach and gold tones to give this card a nice warm feel. I added some stitching detail using the sewing machine in warm gold thread. The stamped green frame is from Anna Griffin In the Garden set. I painted the outer frame in Autumn Wheat Creative Inspirations paint.


The bow detail is a piece of lace gathered in the centre, a satin bow on top and a little bow made from a piece of garden twine. I sewed these together by hand to make them a bit more secure before adding them to the card.


The sentiment is from Studio G and I used blending chalks to soften the edges. I used foam pads to add the sentiment and layered bunny image to the card.


I really like how it turned out, I have a real soft spot for bunnies (who doesn't) and it was a really nice image to work with.


Supplies:


Stamps: Anna Griffin In the Garden, Studio G Clear stamps

Ink: Versa Magic Tea Leaves

Paint: Autumn Wheat Creative Inspirations Paint

Card/Paper: White card, Anna Griffin Paper pack Old Paris Palette, floral paper Sugarplum Paperie Tiny Princess at the Digichick

Other: Scraps of lace, braid trim, peach satin ribbon, blending chalks, foam pads, glue, scissors, needle and thread, soft gold thread, sewing machine, garden twine.

5 comments

  1. Very pretty! That satin ribbon is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I love it ... I {heart} it a lot!! All the shabby and vintage goodness in one design - simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week. I look forward to seeing some more of your designs next week for our new challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is gorgeous! SO gorgeous! Love that vintage image, and all your detailing is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments, so glad I found The Shabby Tea Room, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty! Love that bunny image. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.