bicycle card

Thursday, May 27, 2010


I love this little bicycle stamp, I'd been looking for a nice one for a while. The stamp is from Hero Arts, I think I'll be making a few cards with this one! I decided to go with a bit of a vintage feel with warm tones. I have this lovely Copper paint from Creative Inspirations, wow it's such a perfect copper color, really rich. I wasn't sure if the bicycle stamp would stamp perfectly using the paint because of all the fine detail but I was really delighted when it did!


You can really see the lovely shimmer here. I used some Mango Creative Inspirations paint on the wheels and the basket, the Mango is a lovely warm color that goes perfectly with the Copper. I used the same Copper paint on some flat backed pearls and to stamp the sentiment. Both the digital papers are from the Gardenologie set at the Digichick, I think they work well with the Copper. I used blending chalks to soften the edges. I painted the little flowers in the basket in Sky Blue and Sage Creative Inspirations paint. I added a little blue ribbon to tie everything together.

Supplies:

Paper/cardstock: Peachy cream card, white card, digital paper Gardenologie from the Digichick
Stamps: Hero Arts Bicycle stamp (F5293), Sentiment Anna Griffin In the Garden
Paint: Creative Inspirations Paint in Copper, Mango, Sky Blue and Sage
Other: Flat backed pearls, blending chalks, paint brush, double sided tape, glue, scissors, foam pads.

2 comments

  1. I love the idea of stamping the bike with the paint- bet it looks even better IRL! Beautiful DSp- awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly, yea I'm finding it easier to stamp with the paint now I'm using a finer sponge. I love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.