Just rosy!

Thursday, May 13, 2010


*This card is for the Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC32*
(I made this recently and it just matches the color challenge perfectly, I love these colors!)

I just received a box of fabulous Creative Inspirations Paint in the post and I've been dying to play with a lot of lovely mixed lace that I bought on ebay. I had the luxury of a little time today so I indulged in a pretty shabby chic inspired card, lots of lace, pretty paper, roses, shimmer paint, ribbon and pearls. All the things that make me happy!!


I layered some sections of lace onto a pale yellow base card, I added a strip of yellow gold satin ribbon to one of the joins and did a little stitching on the sewing machine on the other join. The gorgeous roses paper is from a set called Gardenolgie from the Digichick, it's a great set with some really lovely papers. I layered the roses paper onto the same pale yellow card and added a shimmer border in Sunshine Creative Inspirations Paint using a small paint brush, you could mask the area to create the border if you don't have a steady hand! The Sunshine paint is a really stunning color, really cheery, a lovely warm yellow gold. The sentiment is stamped onto a piece of card using the same Sunshine paint using a fine sponge. I added a border as before.


I tied a length of lace around the top layer and made a bow. Under the lace is some natural raffia that I wrapped around twice. I made some loops from organza ribbon that I painted with a wash of Mango, Rose quartz and Autumn Wheat Creative Inspirations paint. I added these to the back of the lace bow. I made a little raffia bow and tied in place. The little paper rose was a pale pink I added some sparkle with Pink highlights paint and some Autumn wheat paint to match the vintage look, I painted the leaves with Green olive. The rose was easy to attach as it had a wire stem. I tied two pearl beads to some raffia and tied them in place. I added an old button to finish. I really like how it turned out and more importantly I had lots of fun making it!

Supplies:

Cardstock/ paper: White card, pale yellow card, Gardenologie paper pack from the Digichick
Stamps: Anna Griffin In the Garden
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint in Sunshine, Green olive, Pink highlights, Autumn wheat, Mango, Rose quartz
Other: A selection of lace, organza ribbon, yellow gold satin ribbon, natural raffia, mesh ribbon, paper rose, white thread, sewing machine, button, pearl beads, sticky foam pads, glue, double sided tape, paint brush and scissors.

12 comments

  1. Oh my! How elegant and beautiful this card is. You certainly did have fun making it. I love the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare,
    I have a award for you ion my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so beautiful and elegant! How charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the lovely comments : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so soft and romantic and beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at PDDC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, you nailed this weeks challenge. Wonderful "soft" shabby chic card! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so luxurious....elegant....would make a perfect wedding or anniversary card, too! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, such soft colours and so elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.