tea party...

Sunday, May 30, 2010


*Wow! The Shabby Tearoom Winner this week! So delighted!*

I was in my element with this challenge Week #11 'Polka Dot Tea Party' for The Shabby Tea Room. The challenge was to create a card or project using either a tea or tea party theme or polka dots or both! I really had a lot of fun with this! I just bought the tea cup template at Waltzing Mouse Stamps a couple of weeks ago, I just had to use it for this challenge. I made a pretty invitation card to match but it would make a nice birthday card too!


I was tempted to go all pink for this challenge but I just loved this pale blue polka dot paper from the Flutterbies Dots set at the Digichick. I really like the pale blue and pink color combo, the blue adds a nice freshness. The floral papers I used in the paper piecing for the teacup and bunting are from the Shabby Princess, they're from the Sweet Summer and Granny's Parlor sets. Love the floral papers!!


I used Creative Inspirations paint in Tutu Pink and Pink Highlights to sponge the border. I did a little stitching on the sewing machine on the next layer and added some white grosgrain ribbon and two shades of pink lace. The little bow is some simple ties of ribbon, lace bow, satin ribbon rose and a bow of pink embroidery thread. The bunting is simple triangles topped with pink sequins. I printed out a simple sentiment on the computer and sponged the edges with the same pink paint as before. The teacup shape I just drew freehand on a piece of paper to make a template. I used the template to cut out the different floral papers. I added a little lace on top.


As I mentioned above the tea cup template is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps, it was my first time making it, some parts were a little difficult but the end result is worth the effort, not that I would make a lot of these though! I just added a little pink lace, a satin bow and some Blue Ice Creative Inspirations paint on the rims. There is another tea cup template in a book I just got called Paper Sculpt Sensation by Marion Elliot, I haven't tried it yet but it looked a little simpler. I got the idea for the spoon and tea bag from that book.


Yes, I did customize a teabag! The spoon was really easy to make, I did enlarge the template a little though because it looked a bit small. I painted the spoon using Silver Frost Creative Inspirations paint, it was just the perfect color! I added the little pink satin bow to match.


This is a long post!! As I said I had fun with this project and I just love the theme, so I made a couple more cards, these were much more simple and quicker than the others. I had the ideas in my head and I just had to make them.


This was really simple, I just printed the text out using a large font setting. I traced the letters onto some floral paper, cut out (with a craft knife), did a little stitching, a bit of scalloped border, a little embroidery thread, a button and voila! I really like this one!


I had a spare tea cup shape left over from the first card and a few other bits, so I threw this little card together. Again, this was really quick to make (unlike the actual tea cup!)


I used the same polka dot paper from before. I did some rough pleat folding with a length of dark pink paper, I sewed over this on the sewing machine. I pierced two holes to add the button with some embroidery thread.


A productive weekend, thanks to The Shabby Tearoom for providing the inspiration, have a look at the blog for all the other lovely cards people made for this fab challenge!

Supplies:

Cardstock/ paper: White card, Blue polka dot paper Flutterbies Dots from the Digichick, Floral papers from the Shabby Princess (Sweet Summer and Granny's Parlor), pale pink paper and dark pink paper
Paint: Creative Inspirations Paints in Tutu Pink, Pink Highlights, Blue Ice and Silver Frost
Other: Scallop border, white thread, sewing machine, double sided tape, glue, pink embroidery thread, buttons, craft knife, scissors, printed text, selection of pink lace, satin rose bud, pink ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, foam pads, pink sequins, sponge, paint brush, Waltzing Mouse Stamps tea cup template.

14 comments

  1. Wow, it is absolutely adorable! The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute! love your teacup and pretty card and all the accessories - super colors on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, this is absolutely STUNNING! I just ordered that exact same tea cup template from WMS stamps toooooo! I simply adore every single thing about all the adorable creations you made ... each one even prettier than the last! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your lovely talents with us all this week in the Tea Room ... absolutely FABULOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly gorgeous! How clever is that teacup, too. Fabulous job. thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are truly amazing! Sooooo pretty and such a lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Need I say more?!? Congrats on your Shabby win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so, so pretty! Congrats on your TSTR win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Clare! I'm so happy you are the winner of TSTR #11. What a lovely and detailed tea party set you have created. I LOVE the color combination. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....stunning. I love everything about it. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I'm so delighted, I can't believe I won. It was a great theme and I had loads of fun making everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Clare, I have just come across your blog from the Shabby Tea room. Your tea themed creations are stunning! I love your card making style.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Clare! Your project is GORGEOUS! Congrats! on being the winner of the week over at The Shabby Tea Room! Well deserved! I sent you a question about your address via email, so I'll wait for a response -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do adorable work this would make lovely creations if you were haveing the gals over for some tea. I can't say just how much your cards inspire me. such good work!! Thanks! *denise* I have to repin this one! :D

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.