Beach Dreamin'

Thursday, June 17, 2010


Here's my little card for the Creative Inspirations DT color challenge - Beach Dreamin'. I just love the traditional beach huts they have dotted along the beaches in England, they're such a great idea, I wish they had them in Ireland! I hope you're familiar with them anyway! My aim was for a bright and cheery card, bunting and buttons always helps with this I think!


I simply drew the little beach hut, measured out the stripes and painted them in Creative Inspirations Royal Blue and Winter Frost. When the Royal Blue was dry I went back over them in Tanzanite but I left an edge of the Royal Blue. I used Sunshine on the roof and door frame. I added a little brad for the door handle and painted that in Sunshine too.


I made the sky blue background with blending chalks. I had already sewn around the edges in white thread, I went over the stitching with the blue blending chalk, I really like how it turned out! I stamped the sentiment in the same Royal Blue Creative Inspirations Paint. Don't forget to have a peek at the rest of the DT ideas at the Creative Inspirations blog. I hope you're all enjoying some summer sun, we're lucky we have some here at the moment!!

Supplies:

Cardstock/paper:  White card, yellow gingham digital paper from Sweet Ginghams set from Cupcake cards & crafts
Stamp: Anna Griffin In the Garden (sentiment)
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint in Royal Blue, Tanzanite, Winter Frost and Sunshine
Other: Yellow embroidery thread, twine, foam pads, double sided tape, glue, buttons, scissors, white thread, sewing machine, blending chalks, brad, paint brush.

6 comments

  1. Such a great card for this weeks challenge, love the beach hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this great card- perfect for the color challenge- awesome little banners-such a perfect idea for your card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of colors for this week's challenge!! I just love the shimmer! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is this! This would be so cute framed on MY wall! Luv it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you really made that card shimmer. Love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute! love the look and feel of the card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.