black & beige

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


It's time for Sketch Challenge #3 at The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. This is a great sketch by the way, I love the arrangement. I decided to go for a black and beige color combo for a change, challenge myself a bit! I used some of the gorgeous papers from October Afternoon - The Thrift Shop, all the papers are sooo beautiful and easy to combine.


I actually really like this color combo now, it feels very grown up. The papers give the card a really elegant feel. I used some more beautiful ribbons from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. The black ribbon is a gorgeous 100% silk ribbon, sooo nice to work with. I also used some nice beige twill and black velvet ric rac.


I layered a few bows and added a little beige stitching on the machine. I hope you can see all the little details, black is hard to photograph! I painted some brads using Creative Inspirations Paint in Onyx and added them to the corners.


I stamped the image in black on ordinary brown paper backed with card. I painted the frame using the same Creative Inspirations Onyx paint as before. I added a little extra shimmer by painting the back section of the stamp in a light layer of Gold CI paint. I added some nice shiny black buttons to finish.

Supplies:

Cardstock/ Paper: Black card, Papers from October Afternoon - The Thrift Shop
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Afternoon Tea
Ink: Archival Ink - Jet Black
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint in Gold and Onyx
Other: 100% silk black ribbon, beige twill, black velvet ric rac all from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, beige stitched grosgrain, brads, beige thread, sewing machine, glue, scissors, paint brush, foam pads, double sided tape.

9 comments

  1. Beautifully elegant, love the bg papers, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant card! Love the tea stamp (as tea is my most favorite drink in the world).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elegant look of the black and cream on this Clare! that ribbon and the pretty Tea invite stamp complete a wonderful design! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with everyone else--elegant is the best way to describe your card. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, I am absolutely loving everything you are doing with the Stamp Simply Thrift Shop Kit -- totally GORGEOUS WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love your color combo! It, really, IS so grown-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a scrumptious card Clare. I just love the label printed on brown paper - excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! I love all the patterns and color combo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just beautifully elegant. I love black ribbon on a card and it looks really lovely on your's

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.