It's clearly sparkling...

Thursday, June 3, 2010


It's CIDT challenge time again! The challenge this week at Creative Inspirations was 'It's Clearly Sparkling' - the team had to use CI paint on acetate or acrylic. I have to admit I haven't used much acetate in my card making, so this was a bit of a challenge! It can be a tricky material to work with.


So, I decided to simply paint a rose directly onto the acetate using a palette of CI paints and this would be the focus of the design. I wanted it to look fairly soft, almost like a watercolor. I used Green Olive, Sunshine and Emerald for the foliage. For the pink rose and rosebud I used Blush, Tutu Pink, Mango, Fushia and for the highlights I used Winter Frost and Pink Highlights. The shimmer turned out really nice on the acetate but I wanted to add a little extra to the roses, so I sprinkled a little glitter dust on them while they were still wet.


The base card is just cream card that I stitched a border on the sewing machine and painted the edges with Tutu Pink. The sentiment is Anna Griffin with the same treatment as the base card with a little pink lace sewn at the bottom. I finished it off with a layered bow and tiny pink button. Don't forget to have a look at the Creative Inspirations blog to see all the other great ideas from the DT.

Supplies:

Cardstock: Cream card
Stamps: Anna Griffin In the Garden (sentiment)
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint in Green Olive, Sunshine, Emerald, Blush, Fushia, Mango, Winter Frost, Pink Highlights, Tutu Pink
Ink: Versa Magic Tea Leaves
Other: Acetate, glitter dust, white thread, sewing machine, double sided tape, glue, scissors, pink organza ribbon, pink lace, green stitched ribbon, little pink button.

11 comments

  1. Very pretty! It look like oil paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! Your painting of the rose turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really beautiful GF! luv it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful card- fabulous painting on the acetate- and your embellishments are perfect- lov ethe bow! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!! The rose is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card!!! The rose is beautiful and I like how you showed that the paints can be used to look like oil paints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! Love the handpainted rose and the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. Cannot say just how much I truly love this. Vee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this, it is very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.