Let's have tea...

Monday, June 7, 2010


I made this little card for the inaugural Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge! A great reason to try out a few more of my stamps from the Afternoon Tea set from Waltzingmouse Stamps too! It was a really nice sketch to work with and my card has a little surprise inside!!


Of course I had to add a little shimmer with my Creative Inspirations Paint, it's becoming a bit of an addiction now, I used Winter Frost here, it's one of my favourites! The absolutely fab little crochet flower I bought on Etsy from Annie Design, she's based in Ireland and makes adorable handcrafted crochet applique. I bought a set and they came in a cute little pink organza bag!


Ok, and now for the little surprise inside, I made a little matching sachet for a tea bag of your choice. I just love this digital polka dot paper from Cupcake Cards and Craft, it goes perfectly with the soft peachy pink ribbon. I used another of the Afternoon Tea stamps set as a label. A nice little surprise for the recipient!


Inside the sachet is more of the printed text paper that I used on the front of the card. It's from a wildflower book, I scanned and printed the page, I couldn't ever bring myself to tear a page from a book!! I thought about how I'd attach the little sachet to the card, I was going to make a pocket, but I wanted to do something with ribbon, so I came up with a simple solution. Two slits and a length of ribbon, quick and easy!! (with another surprise at the back of the card!)


To make the little sachet, I just adapted a seed packet template, I made it smaller, just a little bigger than the tea bag. I added a little of the grosgrain and picot ribbon to match the card.


A happy result of the slits and ribbon holder, I decided to make a feature of the ribbon at the back by adding a little bow. A nice little end to my card, I don't often think of decorating the back of my cards but I really like how this turned out!!


I wasn't sure if the colors would work together but it turned out nice, soft and peachy! Oh yeah, I nearly forgot the teacups on the front of the card, I stamped them in a brown outline on card and on a piece of lace. I painted the cups on card in Winter Frost and cut out with a craft knife, I cut out the main cup section from the lace and attached to the card, I hope you can see that, just a little detail!!

Supplies:

Cardstock/ paper: cream/ beige card, white scallop border square, coffee polka dot digital paper, text from old Wildflower book (scanned and printed)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Afternoon Tea
Ink: Ink it up Chocolate Brown
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paints Winter Frost
Other: Handcrafted Crochet Applique by Annie Design at Etsy, pale pink lace, beige lace, peachy pink grosgrain ribbon, picot edge pale pink ribbon, natural twine, white thread, sewing machine, paint brush, craft knife, scissors, glue, double sided tape.

18 comments

  1. So so sweet and beautiful card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I CAN see the lace on the cups when I enlarge the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so much to love about this! That paint is new to me, but looks great. Love the way you enclosed the tea bag, and the lace on the cups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love that sweet crochet flower and the inside if fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Lovely card and the tea bag is gorgeus! Ciao Lory

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful, such pretty elements and colours! I have this stamp set too so you've inspired me to try something similar - love the teabag inside idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project Claire! I love your soft colors, that great flower, the teabag holder insert and pretty dotted gray paper! Thanks for playing along with the WMS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the pretty layout and softness of your beautiful card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the soft colors and that tea bag holder insert is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! What a beautiful card. Cute way to attach the tea bag holder inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dreamy, dreamy, dreamy! what a perfect little card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness - this is a totally new idea for me - I LOVE it!!! The card is very pretty - wonderful choice of colors, and having the surprise inside and the gorgeous bow on the back - huge bonus!

    I agree - I've thought about tearing up a book for the printed paper, but I haven't actually done it. I love your idea of scanning a page - that I CAN do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Claire, this is gorgeous and oh so clever!!! I love it! I especially love the crocheted flowers... and the colors are perfect together! Bravo!

    Thanks for playing with us at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such a gorgeous project Claire! Its all so pretty - I bet we'll all be tying bows on the back of our cards now! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful, very pretty and soft. Love the clever idea with tying the ribbon through the card. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my card, much appreciated!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a creative mind you must have, the work is equisite! Found your site by accident through craft edge forum, what a lucky find for me; I will be visiting regularly. I also loved the box of notelets, your attention to detail is impressive.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your tea bag card!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.