pink delights!

Sunday, June 27, 2010


Sometimes you just need to make a pink, flowery, glittery card, it makes you feel good! This card is all out girlie pink sparkly fun! I enjoyed every minute making it! I just added a little black for drama and contrast.


I used some fab digi papers to make this card. The hot pink stripe paper is from the Shabby Stripes color collection at Cupcake Cards & Crafts. The stunning roses paper is part of the Painted Florals paper set at Scrap Girls. I used a white pen to create some faux stitching on the striped paper for a change. I painted the brads with Creative Inspirations Paint in Tickled Pink.


A little close up of all the glittery goodness. I masked the sentiment with a rectangle of card to make the glitter border. The little rose I brushed with PVA and sprinkled some glitter on top. The sentiment is from Anna Griffin.


The lovely black 100% silk ribbon and the black velvet ric rac are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I added a few other bits of lace, embroidery thread and buttons that I had.

* A little bit of news, Sharon Johnson kindly asked me to be the Guest Designer for the month of July on her Stamp Simply (No Time To Stamp) blog. I'm really excited to play along, the rest of the DT have some amazing cards! My first post will be on Friday July 2nd!*


Supplies:

Cardstock/ Paper: Hot pink card, Shabby Stripes from Cupcake cards & crafts, Painted Florals from Scrap Girls
Stamps: Anna Griffin sentiments
Ink: Black Archival Ink
Other: Black silk ribbon and black velvet ric rac from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, pink lace, white lace, pink satin ribbon, black ribbon, hot pink organza, buttons, paper flower, circle scallop, double sided tape, glue, PVA, white pen, brads, Creative Inspirations Paint in Tickled Pink, glitter diamond dust in blue violet.

3 comments

  1. This is so lovely and beautiful! I absolutely adore those Anna Griffin sentiments. I have purchased them many times over for friends as gifts, but I never did get any for myself - hhmmmm -- maybe I'd better rethink that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!Love pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and delightful card! The black ribbon really makes all the pinks stand out. Congrats on your guest DT spot. I'll be looking for you there!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.