pretty floral kanzashi...

Thursday, June 24, 2010


I did mention that Kanzashi was addictive right? I just love making these little flowers! Well, I  had a look through my stash of fabric and rediscovered this cute blue and pink little floral print cotton fabric, sooo sweet and perfect for my Kanzashi flower! I decided to keep the card pretty CAS, as simple as possible for me anyway.! I love this color combo, nice n' fresh!


So, I made a little easel card for this one, not too much going on I wanted the Kanzashi flower to speak for itself. I picked out the dusky pink color in the fabric and luckily I had some matching ribbon and a few buttons   in the right color.


Just a quick sentiment from Anna Griffin stamped in Rose Bud. I was surprised how well the fabric glued down to the card, I did iron it first though. Cutting straight lines in fabric was my biggest challenge!


It's much easier to get a crisp finish by using a cotton fabric and by ironing some of the folds. I did back the flower with a circle of fabric and a circle of card on top of that to give it a bit more strength. It also makes it easier to glue to the card.

Supplies:

Cardstock/ Paper: White card, blue paper
Stamps: Anna Griffin (sentiment) In the Garden
Ink: Memento Rose Bud
Other: Blue & pink roses cotton fabric, dusky rose grosgrain ribbon, dusky rose satin ribbon, foam pads, glue, double sided tape, natural twine, buttons, needle & thread, sewing machine, pins.

3 comments

  1. Love the softness of this and especially the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful--what an amazingly precise job you did on the flower! It won't really fit in an envelope, will it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got nice crisp lines with the help of an iron! Nope, not a normal envelope, a jiffy bag or a little box!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.