Shabby teapot

Tuesday, June 1, 2010


*My card was picked for the FAB 4!!!*

I made this card for The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC31. It's my first time taking part in one of their challenges, I just loved the color combo. I also got to try out my new Afternoon Tea stamps from Waltzing Mouse Stamps, sooo lovely.


This was actually my first time making an easel card too! I just never got around to it. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be, I can't believe I didn't make one sooner! The lovely digital papers are from the Vintage Lilac Paper Collection and Shabby Stripes from Cupcake Cards & Crafts.


The ribbon border I used above I discovered on the Waltzing Mouse Blog, Claire Brennan is so talented! She has a tutorial on her blog for the ribbon border, it's so simple and I love how it looks! I used Creative Inspirations Paint in Plum to stamp the teapot and sentiment. I cut out the teapot and did a little paper piecing using the Vintage Lilac papers. I picked out some elements (the teapot handle and the edges of the sentiment) and painted these in a mix of Plum and Chocolate paint, I also painted the little pearls with this mix.


I painted a lavender border around the edge of the base card using Lavender Creative Inspirations paint. I did a little stitching on the sewing machine on both backgrounds and added a few other details. I'm really happy how it turned out.

Supplies:

Cardstock/ paper: White card, digital papers Vintage Lilac Paper Collection & Shabby Stripes from Cupcake Cards & Crafts, Green polka dot paper from Attic Treasures
Stamps: Afternoon Tea from Waltzing Mouse Stamps
Paint: Creative Inspirations Paint in Plum, Lavender and Chocolate
Other: Lavender ribbon, lilac lace, lilac organza ribbon, white thread, sewing machine, paint brush, flat backed pearls, lavender bead, button, lavender sequins, double sided tape, glue and foam pads.

8 comments

  1. Beautiful Easel card, love the ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 3 D card! A very unique way to use the ribbon. Beautiful done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely creation, Clare! Love your elegant ribbon treatment and fabulous easel card! So glad you joined us at the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW--this is FAB! What detail! WOW--I can't say anything other than, this is AMAZING:) LOVE it! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:) So glad you played along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! The easel card is fabulous and the ribbon treatment as a frame is so clever. Love your teapot! Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love that teapot image & the fancy ribbon treatment! Thank you for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare ... you did it again, my stampy friend! I love, love, love that tea pot and your design! I just ordered that stamp set -- thought it would be perfect in the Tea Room :) You Go Girl ... congrats on your Fab 4 honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks for the great comments everyone, delighted to be in the Fab4!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.