Vintage Paris...

Thursday, June 17, 2010


I've been dying to do a Paris inspired card for a while and try out some of the fab ribbons I won from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for the Shabby Tearoom challenge. The ribbons are stunning, the cream ribbon I used here is a 100% silk ribbon, it's so soft and lovely to work with. The handwritten background paper is actually an old letter that I scanned and printed, it was a letter from my grandfather to my grandmother written during WW2, the handwriting is so beautiful, I'm so delighted to use it in my card!


I hope you can see some of the lovely shimmer from the Creative Inspiration Paints I used. I was really pleasantly surprised how great they were to use in creating an antique look. I used a few different colors to create this effect, first I added a color wash of Caramel, then I added some Tan around the edges with a sponge, I added some Antique Copper and Chocolate on top of that around the edges, again using a sponge.

* You've got a chance to win 5 lovely jars of  Creative Inspirations Paint (colors of your choice) at the moment over at the Creative Inspirations Blog, you have until July 5th!! Kassi has some great ideas on transforming your flowers with CI paints too!! *


The image of the Eiffel tower is one of my own photos from a trip we took a few years ago. I converted it to black and white and printed it on plain white paper. When I added the Caramel color wash the edges bled a little resulting in a beautiful soft image!! I then added the paints as listed above. I painted the little paper rose in Caramel as well. The textured stitching was white and I sponged some of the paint over it.


The crochet lace is also from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. It adds a lovely texture to the card. I did use a lot of layers of lace and ribbon on the card but I love how it turned out! The pearl and gold embellishment is an old vintage earring, I had been keeping it for just the right card. You can expect a few more Paris themed card from me soon!

Supplies:

Cardstock/ Paper: White card, white paper, scanned copy of vintage letter, photo of Eiffel tower printed on white paper
Paints: Creative Inspiration Paints in Caramel, Tan, Antique Copper, Chocolate and Winter Frost
Other: Brown grosgrain ribbon, beige lace, 100% silk cream ribbon (from The Stamp Simply Ribbon store), cream crochet lace (also from The Stamp Simply Ribbon store), cream and brown scallop edge lace, natural twine, paper rose, brads, button, large vintage earring, white thread, sewing machine, foam pads, double sided tape, glue.

7 comments

  1. Your card is so beautiful! Everything you have described is lovely. How fun to play with the special ribbon and lace. And that pin really adds a special touch to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I just found your blog, and again; WOW!
    This is absolutely adorable. Love it so much!!!!
    You are SO talented!

    Suh a masterpiece with all vintage details and lovely colours. The lace is such a beautiful touch.

    Can't wait to follow you, to see more of your breathtaking creations!

    Sending you lots of hugs & love from Sweden. :o)
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, I just love all that you are doing with the Thrift Shop KIT -- this is totally GORGEOUS!!! TFS your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Clare, I love the idea of using vintage jewelry as embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! First, may I say how BEAUTIFUL your work is. I found your blog today and have been in awe of your beautiful cards since browsing your work. This one is amazing. I am new to card making and this is the style I absolutely love. I would love to be as good as you are one day :)))Don't think it will ever happen though!!

    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.