Christmas in July!!

Friday, July 9, 2010


Christmas in JULY!! Yep, it's time for another Stamp Simply Challenge over at Sharon's blog. As my time as Guest Designer continues, we were given the theme of Christmas for our creations. I did find it a little difficult to get into the Spirit of Christmas, as I was just out in the garden with Isabelle picking white Poppies and lavender! I managed to rustle something up, on my second attempt! (Flourishes are also having a Christmas in July Challenge at the moment too!)


I thought a little gift card might be nice, so I made a little Christmas tree ornament that's detachable from the card (by a sticky fixer!). I used some of the papers from The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) from the Stamp Simply Store, I thought the red patterned paper was reminiscent of snowflakes! The lovely red gingham ribbon and crochet lace are also from the Stamp Simply Store. I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen around the edges.


I made the little Christmas tree by cutting the shape from salt dough with a tree shaped cookie cutter. (You could use air drying clay too) I painted it with some Creative Inspirations Paint in Garnet and cut out a tree shape from some more Thrift Shop paper and glued it on top. I added a few buttons and a little twine to finish.

You can play along too, just use the keyword ssnotime147 when uploading your design to any public forums, don't forget to upload on Sharon's Mr.Linky too!

I'm sure the Stamp Simply Design Team will have some stunning projects to inspire you! Just follow the links below to have a look.

Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Deb Neerman:  Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps 

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits 
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden 
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color 
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover 
Supplies: 
Card/paper: Cream card, The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon)
Stamp: Happy Holidays, Ink: Ink it Up Black
Other: Crochet lace and red gingham from The Stamp Simply Store, twine, buttons, sewing machine, cookie cutter, salt dough or air drying clay, Creative Inspirations Paint in Garnet, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.

13 comments

  1. What an adorable card with an ornament to treasure! Wonderful, Clare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB card-- love al the mixing of patterns and textures!!! Great ribbon treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO wonderful! The Thrift Shop pad makes such a NICE Christmas card -- who would think! LOVE your cookie/tree -- great idea!!! Just love what you did here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautiful holiday card ... such a wonderful home-spun feel. And that 'Thrift Shop' DP is fabulous here!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable Clare! I'm loving the cookie cutter tree, as well as the fabulous ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty Clare! it is hard to think Christmas in the heat of the summer - but so nice to get a jump on the cards! I love your tree and that Thrift Shop DP - I just got some of that myself! Your pleated ribbon looks super too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - glad to have discovered your blog via Sharon's site....greetings from Cookstown in the 'North' (where is it raining big time).
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great comments, always encouraging to get feedback!

    Hi Joyce! It's raining big time in the 'South' too!! At least I can get some card making done and not feel guilty that I should be out in the garden doing some gardening!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Clare! I love that ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done, Clare! Great colors, styling, and ribbon detailing! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card! I love the warm vintage look! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, warm, and wonderful card! I love all the special touches of the patterned paper that did immediately make me think snowflakes to the ribbon and lace and oh, that detachable ornament! How sweet and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.