Dublin Style - PDCC#39

Sunday, July 25, 2010


There's a lovely color challenge at the Play Date Cafe this week, 'Dublin-Style' with colors from the Russell Court Hotel. I just loved working with these beautiful muted tones. I did have a pretty bad day yesterday (creatively speaking) NOTHING was working for me. So I started fresh today, it took a while to make but I finally finished it. I've fancied making a handbag(purse) shaped card for a while, so here's what I came up with.


I just love this butterfly print from the Mariposa Stack DCWV, I thought the colors were pretty close for the challenge too. I didn't have any card in that lovely warm biscuit color so I just rubbed my Distress Ink Pad in Antique Linen over some white card and sponged the edges with Tan Creative Inspirations Paint. Most of the bag I drew freehand but I used the envelope template from my previous post to get the shape at the top of the bag.


The motif I stamped at the bottom of the bag is from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used the same motif on the tag, which I embossed in silver pearl. The sentiments are from the same set.


As you open up the card, you see the same motif I used earlier, this time stamped in black. I also painted a border around the top section in Onyx Creative Inspirations Paint.


As you open the card completely, you can see I used the same butterfly print to compliment the exterior of the card. I stamped the smaller motif from the Victorian Fripperie set in a row in black just above it. I left a nice area of warm biscuit to write a personal message in.


For the handle I used some strong black ribbon I had in my stash. I used some fabulous black silk ribbon from the Stamp Simply Store to make the bow (they just got some gorgeous new ribbons in too!) The clasp I made from a black button and a large vintage pearl clip on earring. I added a little stitching detail around the edges of the card. I do love shaped cards. I have a couple of slightly more complex bag templates that I'll have to give a go now!!

Supplies:

Card/paper: White card, Mariposa Stack DCWV
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Versamark, Archival black ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Onyx and Tan, sewing machine, black satin ribbon, black silk ribbon, super glue, black button, vintage pearl earring, flat backed pearls, embossing powder in silver pearl, heat gun.

14 comments

  1. Hi Clare this is really stunning love your DP Butterfly this is really funtastic idea and ADORABLE creativity....LOVA THIS!!I just joining the PDCC too would you mind to see my blog? my card is number 63...thanks very much before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning purse Clare, that butterfly paper is just wonderful! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun purse card! I love how it folds out and that big pearl!!! Stunning:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purse is spectacular! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How elegant and gorgeous this handbag is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmygosh, your card is adorable and gorgeous at the same time! i love it! thanks for sharing and have a great week! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful purse card! Love the butterflies and the design is fab! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty, love the butterflies and that little tag, that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is amazing! I thought it was a template but it's a card! LOVE all of the details and the velvet ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Clare!!! Love EVERYTHING about it! That butterfly paper is gorgeous and great use of distress inks when you didn't have the right paper!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great purse Clare! love the papers and stamps you used on it - a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.