English Rose

Monday, July 19, 2010


** So delighted my card WON at the City Crafter Challenge Blog!! **

When I saw this stunning pic at the City Crafter Challenge Blog, I just had to take part in their challenge this week 'English Rose'. A great color challenge of Red, Blue and White with the option of Rose. A great palette to work with! So here's what I came up with!! (This is also for Moxie Fab World Card Style Week: Shabby & Vintage Challenge)


I'm a big polka dot fan so I couldn't resist adding them in! The digi paper is from the Flutterbies Dots pack by MKC at the Digichick. (it's a great paper pack I use it all the time!) I distressed the edges with sandpaper, rubbed some Distress Ink over them and sponged a bit of Garnet Creative Inspirations Paint on the corners. I used bits from the map of London page from the Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) to tie in with the theme.


The gingham and stars papers are from Cupcake Cards and Crafts. I used the sentiment and circle from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps which was just perfect for this challenge!! The sentiment I stamped with Sapphire Creative Inspirations Paint. The flower I made from circles of fabric and a button. (I'll be putting together a tutorial on how to make these flowers soon, they're sooo easy!!)


The bunting was easy to make, just triangles with a sticky fixer on the back joined together with some twine. I layered some lace, ribbon and some bakers twine behind the flower. I added the little buttons at the end and they finished it off nicely!! A cheery card!!

Supplies:

Card/paper: Flutterbies Dots pack by MKC at the Digichick, The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon),  Gingham and Stars papers from Cupcake Cards and Crafts
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up True Red, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Garnet and Sapphire, lace, selection of ribbons, natural twine, red and white bakers twine, sewing machine, buttons, red fabric.

11 comments

  1. I love it! ... it is so sweet and very 'English' ... Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wowzer! I agree with Ros, very "English", love it, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful! I love the pennant and rose! You mastered this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful... I Love it. Your DP is perfect for this challenge... Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is so beautiful....especially the banner...and the DP too... love it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win on CCCB! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! So beautiful! :) Love these colors with this style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The banner is adorable, love how you used the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the encouraging comments, much appreciated!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful card!! I love all the layers, and that banner is so sweet!! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Clare! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.