Into the woods...

Thursday, July 22, 2010


* I made the TESC Top Crops with this card!! *

This week's Creative Inspirations Paint DT challenge is 'Into the woods' and we had to use metal or plastic embellishments on our projects too. I combined this challenge with Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #121, an interesting layout this week with lots of circles. This is also for Moxie Fab World Card Style Week Challenge: Shabby and Vintage.


There's lots of layers in this card! I used a combo of papers, Webster's Pages Petite Pages and some digi papers from Girlfriends by Nicole and Mari (Sugarplum Paperie) at the Digichick. I also used some lovely ribbons from the Stamp Simply store and vintage lace from my own stash. I distressed the edges of the card by sponging Creative Inspirations Paints in Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna and Copper.



I gathered some lace into a fan shape with a needle and thread. The little paper rose I painted with Burnt Sienna Creative Inspirations Paint. The sentiment I stamped with Green Olive (over stamped with Raw Sienna) and the border is painted with Winter Frost with a wash of Raw Sienna over it. I also painted some narrow cream ribbon with Green Olive Creative Inspirations Paint (I love the sparkle effect on ribbon). I made bows from the cream silk ribbon and the green ribbon I painted. I clipped them together with a vintage clip on earring (they make great embellishments!)


Oh yea and I added a little embossing behind the sentiment in Silver Pearl with a motif from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added some stitching on the sewing machine, a few buttons, flat backed pearls and some twine. I think this would make a lovely anniversary card.

Pop over to the Creative Inspirations blog to see the lovely creations from the rest of the Design Team.

Don't forget I'm Guest Designer for the month of July at Sharon's Stamp Simply blog and I'll be posting my creation later tonight!

Supplies:

Card/paper: White card, Webster's Pages Petite Pages Triple Pack (Seaside Retreat, Garden Gala, Nature's Storybook), Girlfriends by Nicole and Mari (Sugarplum Paperie) at the Digichick
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Studio G Clear Stamps
Other: Creative Inspirations Paints in Winter Frost, Green Olive, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna and Copper, sewing machine, natural twine, flat backed pearls, silver pearl embossing powder, heat gun, buttons,  cream silk ribbon and beige twill from the Stamp Simply Store, selection of lace, paper rose, vintage clip on earring and glue.

20 comments

  1. WOW oh WOW is this ever so stunning! gorgeous card Clare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutly gorgeous!! :-) Love it in every way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. fantastic piece of card art! perfect in every way!!!
    thanks for traveling along with our card caravan at TDC, Clare :o)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Clare! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, awesome and Gorgeous!!! I love the L.O. you used- the ribbons are beautiful and the color is fabulous!!! I love the gathered lace and the clip on earring- what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Saw it on the Webster's Gallery and had to check out your details. Love the idea with the clip earring and sponging for a distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stunning Clare! love all the distressing and your stamping is amazing,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is absolutly gorgeous!! It's perfect in every way! Great job! Love the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is spectacular! You should enter this in the Moxie Fab World challenge for shabby/vintage! It is just a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Clare - love your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this is just gorgeous! I love every single detail that you included on it!! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing card, very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Clare. I love to use the Creative Inspiration paints to distress the edges of my work too. The rose is beautiful. This card has so much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, this is a gorgeous card! love the colors, wonderful distressing. yummy textures~love that trim and rose! thank you for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Recently I discovered your blog. And all I can say is that I think you create such beautiful things. You're a very talented woman. Love to visit this blog and thanks for all the inspiration!
    This card; in one word....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Clare! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.