Red, white and pink...

Monday, July 5, 2010


A yummy color challenge at the Play Date Cafe this week (PDCC36). This week's colors are courtesy of Marthastewart.com. I've never tried these colors together before but I really love them!


So here's my little card. The cute little tea pots/ kettles are from the Afternoon Tea stamp set at Waltzingmouse Stamps. I just love that stamp set! I love the way Claire packs in so many useful little stamps in her sets!


A little close up of the details, I added a few little seed beads to the tops of the kettles. The sentiment I printed from the computer. I just got that white frilly ribbon, so cute, I layered it on top of a bit of scalloped edged card. The red and white baker's twine I bought locally.



The lovely red polka dot paper is from the Flutterbies Dots set by MKC at The Digichick. The red gingham is from the Sweet ginghams set from Cupcake Cards & Crafts. The gorgeous pale pink card is from the Mariposa Stack (DCWV).

Supplies:

Card/paper: Digital papers Flutterbies Dots from The Digichick, and Sweet Ginghams from Cupcake cards and crafts, pink card from the Mariposa Stack, white card
Stamps: Afternoon Tea from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up - True Red
Other: Sentiment printed from the computer, selection of ribbon, lace, seed beads, button, thread, sewing machine, red and white baker's twine, scallop edge card.

ED * My little card got an honorable mention this week!!* 

13 comments

  1. Sorry for the deleted coment!

    Your card is totally breathtaking! Love your style, it's so beautiful. Delicious colour combo, and adorable details!
    You are so megatalented!

    hugs & love,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a fan of Waltzing Mouse stamps and it's so fun to see them featured on your card this week...Lovely work indeed : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, wonderful embellishments. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the layout and the color combo. It reminds me of an ice cream shop we use to visit many years ago. They had pink and red with white awnings and gingham tablecloths inside. Thanks for bringing back a lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very pretty Images and lovely colors on your card..Wonderful card....I just put my card number 80 on PDCC would you mind to see it in my Blog...many thanks before , hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh all those little kettles in a row look sooooooooooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. Love the teapots. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! I love Walzingmouse Stamps! Love how you've done the little lids of the kettles and the baker's twine looks fab with the colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this card--I love that the tea pots are lined up! Super cute:) This card just makes me want to invite my friends over for some tea and cookies:) LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this card! How sweet! I love the sentiment and the little tea kettles are adorable.
    What more says 'Friendship' than tea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, Clare! Love the sweet tea pots.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.