Stamp Simply Sketch Challenge

Friday, July 16, 2010

This week's Stamp Simply Challenge is a sketch challenge. A CAS sketch but we could keep it simple or dress it up, I think it's pretty obvious which option I went for!! I'm really enjoying being the Guest Designer for July on Sharon's blog, it's bringing lots of new visitors to my blog and lots of nice comments, which is always encouraging, so thanks to everyone who's stopped by!


So I used some of the lovely Webster's Pages Petite Papers triple pack (Seaside Retreat, Garden Gala and Nature's Storybook) available at the Stamp Simply Store. I just love this shade of green, so fresh and invigorating! I used a little of The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) the music sheet page, I just love it! I added some corrugated cardboard ( I tore the edges) to layer the centre square on to and I inked the edges of everything with VersaMagic Tea Leaves and some Antique Linen Distress Ink.


I stamped a few Victorian Fripperie (by Waltzingmouse Stamps) elements and the sentiment in the same green as before, I went over the sentiment with Creative Inspirations Paint in Evergreen, just to make it stand out a little more. The lovely crochet lace here is also from the Stamp Simply Store. I added some textured stitching here and there on the sewing machine and blended it with more of the green ink.


I used a Prima flower to add a little contrast, it went really well with the green. I used some of the fab cream 100% silk ribbon from Sharon's Stamp Simply store to make the bow, and I painted the narrower cream silk ribbon with some Creative Inspirations Paint in Evergreen to make the little green bow. I added some natural twine to compliment the cream.


To really make the flower pop and tie things together I rubbed some Rose Quartz Creative Inspirations Paint along the right edge of the card, it added a nice bit of shimmer too. I really like how this one turned out. It's almost as green as the garden right now with all the rain we've been having!!

You can play along too, just use the keyword ssnotime148 when uploading to any public forums, don't forget to upload on Sharon's Mr.Linky too!

I'm sure the Stamp Simply Design Team will have some stunning projects to inspire you! Just follow the links below to have a look.



Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Deb Neerman:  Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps 

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits 
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden 
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color 
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover 
Supplies:
Card/Paper: Cream Card, The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon), Webster's Pages Petite Pages triple pack (Seaside Retreat, Garden Gala and Nature's Storybook), Corrugated card
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Tea leaves, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.
Other: Cream silk ribbon, crochet lace from the Stamp Simply Store, natural twine, sewing machine, thread, button, Prima Flower Symphony blend Amoroso Pink, embroidery thread, Creative Inspirations Paint in Evergreen and Rose Quartz.

13 comments

  1. Oh, Beautiful!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Clare! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare ---- this is divine!!! LOVE it! So feminine and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty!!! you've inspired me: now I'm going to have to make something in green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, this project is TOTALLY breathtaking! LOVE those shades of greens, the subtle images and your beautiful, as always, embellishments!!! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very pretty Clare!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Clare! The greens with that pink bloom just shout "lush garden"! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a spectacular card...all the elements carefully executed for the overall effect! JUST stunning, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, Clare! I love all that green with the touches of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Clare! I love that shade of green and the pink flower and shimmer make the card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the DSP you used- this is just stuning! Beautiful layout and love that pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I'm a huge WMS fan, and the way you've blended them with the beautiful paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.