Star light, Star Bright...

Friday, July 2, 2010


As I mentioned earlier I'm the Guest Designer for the month of July at Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply blog. I'm so delighted to be playing along with such talented ladies. This week's challenge is Star Light, Star Bright, the focus is on incorporating stars into our project, any way we like! So, I found some really cute star digi paper, Little Stars Paper Collection at Cupcake Cards & Crafts to go with the gorgeous October Afternoon (The Thrift Shop) paper from The Stamp Simply Store.


I softened the edges of the papers with some pale green blending chalk, to melt everything together. I dipped into my selection of ribbons from The Stamp Simply Store, my favorite is the crochet lace but I'm now becoming a big fan of twill (easy to pleat and sew!). I used the narrow 100% silk cream ribbon to make a little bow AND I painted some of the silk ribbon with some Creative Inspirations Paint in Sage, a perfect match for The Thrift Shop paper whilst adding a little more sparkle!



I used one of my Prima flowers - Symphony Blend Amoroso Pink, to top off the bows. I managed to find a similar pink colored button in my big bag of buttons! The green and white string is baker's twine that I bought locally. 



I decided to try something different for the sentiment, so I printed out some text that I did on the computer (a nice chunky font), traced onto some card and carefully cut out with a craft knife. Then I painted them with some Creative Inspirations Paint in Winter Frost, and sprinkled generously with chunky glitter, the paint acted as a perfect glue (as long as you're quick, the paint has to be wet). I used the extra chunky glitter to echo the sparkly star theme! : )

Supplies:

Cardstock/ Paper: Yellow cream card, The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) from The Stamp Simply Store, Digital paper Little Stars Paper Collection from Cupcake cards and crafts

Other: Beige Thread, Sewing Machine, Blending Chalks, (Ribbon from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Cream Crochet lace, beige twill, 100% silk cream ribbon), off white grosgrain, white and green baker's twine, text printed from computer, white card, Creative Inspirations Paint in Winter Frost and Sage, Doodlebug Design Sugarcoating lily white glitter, craft knife, paint brush, double sided tape, glue, pink button, Prima Flowers - Symphony Blend Amoroso Pink.

You can play along too, just use the keyword ssnotime146 when uploading your design to any public forums, don't forget to upload over on Sharon's Mr Linky too!

You can have a look at the Design Team's wonderful creations at the links below! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Deb Neerman:  Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps 

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits 
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden 
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color 
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover 

10 comments

  1. What a lovely card! Your digi page is a GREAT match to the sheet from Thrift Shop! LOVE your ribbon treatment and flower - SO pretty! A gogeous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the twill, lace and ribbon treatments! And LOVE the chunky glitter on the letters too! Wonderful card, Clare! So nice to have you playing along with us this month! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so soft and pretty ... with a wonderful vintage-flair! Love it!

    So glad to have you along for the ride this month, Clare!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! So so beautiful and delicate! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really made this ds paper work beautifully with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just fabulous Clare- so glad you are joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful, Clare! It's so nice to have you joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, Clare! Love how the pink flower and button sort of pop from the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I love the glimmer and gleam on your ribbon and delicate flower! So happy to have you playing with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare!! Love your card and all the rest of your work... Just had a great look through the last posts and they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.