Sunny corner bookmark!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010


* Really honored to have WON 'CUP OF THE WEEK' at The Play Date Cafe!!!! *

Just a quick post. I was dying to make one of these cute corner bookmarks the minute I saw the tutorial on the Splitcoaststampers website. (Here's the link to Beate Johns tutorial) I'm always turning over the corners of my pages to keep my spot, such a bad habit! The corner bookmark is a really neat idea and uses hardly any materials to make, great for using up all those little scraps left over from card making.


My inspiration for the color scheme comes from this week's Play Date Cafe color challenge PDCC37. Such a great photo inspiration 'Provencal - Style' from Julie Ranae. You could choose your fav colors from the image as your focus for your project. I decided to go for nice warm, earthy tones with bright sunny yellows.


The cute sunflower comes from Annie Design on Etsy. She makes really gorgeous crochet flowers! Oh and she lives in Ireland too! The sentiment and little flourish are from the Victorian Fripperie set at Waltzingmouse stamps. The papers are The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) and Webster's Pages Petite paper. I'll definitely be making some more of these cute little bookmarks, they'd make sweet gifts too! I gave this one to my mom, she loves these colors!

Supplies:

Card/ paper: Mustard card, The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon), Webster's pages Petite Paper triple pack (Seaside Retreat, Garden gala, Nature's storybook)
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Studio G clear stamps (little dots)
Ink: Ink it Up Chocolate brown, Tim Holtz distress ink Antique Linen
Other: Crochet Lace and Yellow stripe ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, yellow satin ribbon, baker's twine, stitched ribbon, brown grosgrain, natural raffia, hessian, sewing machine, glue, crochet flower, Creative Inspirations Paint in Buttercup and Chocolate.

14 comments

  1. Lovely corner bookmark, Clare! Love the mix of papers and the fabulous crocheted sunflower.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful corner bookmark! Love that crochet sunflower, thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! found your link from the Webster's Inspire me site and so glad i stopped by...your blog is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! I love it! Beautiful! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bookmark. Love your take on the PDCC colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCc this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I love the sunflower colors. They are so warm and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I love everything about it! The colors are perfect with the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how gorgeous!!! Love the overall style of your bookmark... so rich looking.
    CeeCee

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fabulous, love, love, love that sunflower; and what a great project idea, I turn corners down too! thanks for choosing the play date cafe colours to work with on this project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this is Webster's gallery and love it! I'm going to have to try to make some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply divine, Clare! Love it and we love that you play with us in The Play Date Cafe : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Clare!!! A wonderful corner bookmark...
    My favourite...honestly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the lovely feedback, so grateful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.