Sweet Summer!

Thursday, July 8, 2010


It's Creative Inspirations time again! This week's DT challenge is 'Fruit salad', fruit had to inspire our creations. I picked my summer favourite STRAWBERRIES! Mainly because every day we go out to the garden now, Isabelle's looking for ripe strawberries. We devoted a whole bed to strawberry plants this year and we're reaping the rewards now! She has a whole little ritual of collecting them in her bucket, washing them and of course eating them! (we do get offered an odd one or two!) They really do taste better when you grow them yourself!


Anyway, back to the card! I love using Creative Inspirations Paints to create a distressed effect on my cards, it's great because you get a nice aged look and a lovely shimmer finish too! I simply use a sponge to dab the paint on, the colors blend really well together. On the bottom half of the card and on the sentiment I used layers of Caramel, Tan and Antique Copper. On the top section I used Rose Quartz and Rustic Red to match the paper. The stitching was white and I colored it with the paint! The ruffle is made of red tissue paper that I gathered, stitched on the machine and rubbed with some of the reds I used earlier.


I used some Glossy Accents on the strawberry and painted an outline of Rustic Red, the top I painted with Evergreen paint. I thought the Glossy Accents would be just perfect for a juicy strawberry!! The strawberry, sentiment and raspberry dot digital paper are all part of the Berry Meadow Scrapbook Pack by QuirkyTwerp at the Digichick (There are lots of really cute things in this pack!). I put a piece of hessian (burlap) fabric I found at my mom's at the back of the sentiment, lovely texture to it!


Ok, I had to sneak in a little Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Claire just released six amazing new sets but this is my favourite. I stamped this in true red for a tone on tone effect. I just got the stamp set in the post yesterday and I've been dying to use it! There are so many great elements in it, you'll be seeing a lot of them in my cards coming up! Soo, beautiful!!


The lovely cream silk ribbon, twill, crochet lace and The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) paper are all from The Stamp Simply Store. Don't forget I'm the Guest Designer for the month of July with them and I'll be posting a new creation Friday!

Don't forget to pop along to the Creative Inspirations Blog to check out the rest of the design team's creations, I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon), Digital paper and elements from Berry Meadow by QuirkyTwerp at The Digichick
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up - True Red
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint - Rose Quartz, Rustic Red, Antique Copper, Caramel, Evergreen and Tan
Other: Glossy Accents, selection of ribbons from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, raffia, berry red tissue paper, sewing machine, hessian fabric, twine, sponge.

10 comments

  1. Very pretty vintage card, it has a great warm feeling with all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage card, love the added shimmer and the tissue ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the effect the Victorian stamp gives the polka dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful! I love how you distress with the paints... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love how you distressed with the paints. It's cool how the top of your card has the strawberry texture appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous- I love your card, the colors are wonderful, love the DSP and Love that berry! I really like the stamp across the top of the card.....I like it all! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL card! I love it! I love the blending of the colors, that is something I haven't tried yet, I am gooing to have to try that. Love the colors you picked! Everything about the card is PERFECT! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. The paint sure adds that extra dimension.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.