Tag shaped accordion fold card...

Saturday, July 31, 2010


This is the photo inspiration for this week's challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog. The photo is called 'Inspired by the Garden' by Leslie at A Creative Mint. So the challenge is to create a card or project using any color from the photo and it must include something mail related (e.g stamp, text, envelope, postcard etc). I chose the lovely violet color with a touch of soft green for my card. I also made this with the Moxie Fab World Card Style Week Shabby and Vintage Challenge in mind.


Ok, there's a lot going on with this card both inside and out so that's why I took so many pics. It'll be like a little journey, a voyage through my card!! : ) Ok, here we go, hopefully I won't lose my internet connection in the middle of this!! On the front, the printed paper is from Webster's Pages Petite Pages, I went with the lavender tones from there. 


I stitched the edges and softened with blending chalks in soft green. I layered some lilac lace and added all those sequins. The stamped detail above the lace is from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used more from this set throughout the card.


The love tag is a Studio G stamp I stamped on some Webster's Pages paper in Green Olive Creative Inspirations Paint, I painted the border with Light Purple paint and I over stamped the text part with some VersaMagic Spring Pansy Ink. The flower I made from circles of purple chiffon and satin fabric. (I've described the method in a previous post and I'm hoping to get around to a tutorial soon!)


As you can see from this profile pic there's lots of stuff inside the card so I decided to make a simple ribbon closure with some pretty distressed ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique at Etsy. (I think it must be dyed with coffee because there's a lovely aroma from it!!)


Inside I used a postcard digi image for a place for someone to write a special message. The postcard is from the Honeychurch set by Kenner Road available at Two Peas in A Bucket. I distressed the edges a little more with blending chalks and inks. 


The oh so cute little crochet heart is from Annie Design at Etsy, a lovely Irish lady makes these adorable hearts and a wonderful array of crochet flowers in every color imaginable. I'm addicted to her stuff!! I added the little lavender bow myself.


So, here's the full view of the inside and the back. I painted the little paper rose in Light Purple and Lavender Creative Inspirations Paint. The buttons are from my big bag of buttons!!


I stamped a little more from the Victorian Fripperie set by Waltzingmouse Stamps on the back of the card. The pretty paper is from Webster's Pages again. I think the button and touch of ribbon make a nice full stop at the end of this card. 


Just in case you were wondering what was on the back of the accordion fold I just used some lovely striped paper from Anna Griffin Old Paris Palette Decorative Impressions Paper Pack. I softened the edges with some lavender blending chalks.


SO, that's it I think I'm done with this card. Congratulations if you made it to the end of this post!! : )
I need a cup of tea!! AND a biscuit (cookie)!

Supplies:

Card/paper: Anna Griffin - Decorative Impressions Paper Pack (Old Paris Palette), lavender card, Webster's Pages Petite Pages (triple pack Nature's Storybook, Seaside Retreat & Garden Gala), digital paper Honeychurch by Kenner Road at Two Peas in a Bucket
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Studio G Clear Stamps series 41
Ink: VersaMagic Spring Pansy, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Other: Creative Inspirations Paints in Green Olive, Light Purple and Lavender, blending chalks, sewing machine, natural twine, purple chiffon fabric, purple satin fabric, selection of buttons, lavender sequins, lilac lace, lavender seam binding, lavender organza ribbon, distressed ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique at Etsy, lavender satin ribbon, flat backed pearls, crochet heart from Annie Design at Etsy, paper rose.

25 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning!!! All the work you put into your projects is amazing.I love all the papers and embellies you've used.I'm just awestruck with your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! I am glad you took so many pics because there was INDEED so much goodness going on! LOVE it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is over the top gorgeous! All those sweet little details add up to a big WOW! If you don't get some kind of recognition for this, they are blind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a stunning creation! Thanks for sharing all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it. What else can I say? It is stunning work. The large purple flower is gorgeous. Please have a tutorial on that. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a WOWZER!!! Love all the details and texture, lovely creation! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Claire ... love all the details ... Thanks again for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow claire this is just fantastic, I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is really beautiful; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo beautiful! Can't wait for the flower tutorial. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE this card! You really nailed this challenge. I made several cards for this challenge but in my opinion, your tag card is the hands down winner! Great job Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! So full of gorgeous embellishments. I love the purple flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous mini & the colors are awesomely combined!! Love this idea, great for gift too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Clare! Thanks once again for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly gorgeous!! I couldn't love it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this it is so unique
    thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful card! i love all your designs, they are all so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well this is so so Beautiful.. anyone who would receive this would be so lucky.. Do you need my address.. He he... Thanks you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card! Love the tri-fold. Congrats on it being chosen as a spotlight card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your tip about stitching on my cards!I am working on it :). And it's true; it gives more depth and the card looks completely different.
    Congrats with you as a spotlight artist on CCCB!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm open mouthed in wonder Clare, you are incredibly talented! Congratulations on being picked as a Mischief Maker, well deserved! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my heck, I can't WAIT to see your stuff for the Waltzingmouse team! This is my first time here, and this post is amazing - a big WOW from me sweetie! I appreciate all the pics and the details - sooooo very helpful and inspiring. Can't wait to get to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful. LOve the colors n the shape too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.