Two little doves!!

Friday, July 30, 2010



It's my final week as Guest Designer at Sharon's Stamp Simply blog. I've had such fun playing along with all the great challenges! Thanks for having me! This week's challenge is a color challenge, we were given this photo for inspiration. The colors we were to use were green and yellow with white or ivory as the neutral color, a touch of black was an option if desired! Here's my little card.


I also used this week's sketch (Laura's Sketch 57) from 2 Sketches 4 You. The fab green papers are from The Berry Meadow Pack by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick. The music sheet is from The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon) available at the Stamp Simply Store. The border I painted at the top at bottom is Evergreen Creative Inspirations Paint.


I hadn't intended there being any birds on the card but I got the idea from the music sheet 'The Little Doves'. I had this felt laser cut table decoration I bought ages ago, it had birds in it, so I just snipped them out of the design. I rubbed the edges of them with Versamagic Tea Leaves ink pad. I just drew the little wings on some of the music sheet paper and cut out. I did soften the edges with a little blending chalk.


The pretty crochet lace and cream silk ribbon are both from the Stamp Simply Store. The buttons are from my big bag of buttons! I added a little zigzag stitching on the sewing machine. The sentiment is from Anna Griffin In the Garden set.

You can play along too, just use the keyword ssnotime150 when uploading to any public forums, don't forget to upload to Sharon's Mr.Linky too!

Now, for some inspiration have a look at some of the wonderful creations from the Stamp Simply Design Team, just follow the links below.


Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Deb Neerman:  Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps 

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits 
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden 
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color 
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover 
Supplies:
Card/paper: White card, Music sheet from The Thrift Shop (October Afternoon), Digi papers from Berry Meadow by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick
Stamps: Anna Griffin In the Garden (sentiment)
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Brilliance Archival Ink Moonlight White
Other: Selection of buttons, sewing machine, Creative Inspirations Paint in Evergreen, felt birds, crochet lace and cream silk ribbon from The Stamp Simply Store, natural twine.

15 comments

  1. Gorgeous project- love the birds you used and all of the fantastic elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card ... love those sweet l'il birds, the whimsical row of buttons, and the vintage sheet music. Just beautiful!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute little card. Love the felt birds & the music paper. Makes it all tie together.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those birds and the sheet music...inspired! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhh... this is gorgeous, Clare!!! thanks so much for joining our Hybrid Chick Card Caravan again, hun!
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute! I love the button details, along with the musical background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Clare- love that touch of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare

    Your work is just gorgoeus. I came across you blog on websters pages and just love your vintage designs. I just started out with scrapbooking and just love it so much, I think i'm addicted.
    Just though I would stop by and say I love your work.
    Have a faboulus day.
    Eve
    klieka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare!! This is such a sweet card... Love those birdies!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the birds! Your bookmark below is amazing as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Clare - simply wonderfully put together....greetings from Cookstown in Northern Ireland...hope your weather is better than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely creation Clare! the birds look wonderful with their music sheet wings and the row of buttons is so pretty! Perfect title for the music sheet too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.