Two's Company!

Friday, July 23, 2010


This week at Sharon's Stamp Simply blog the theme is 'Two's Company'. The challenge is to use two of something, two different patterned papers, two different stamps, two brads, two flowers, two bows.... you get the idea! No third just two, so I went with two colors, Black and off White and two stamps. The pretty digital dress stamp and sentiment are from 'Sew Fabulous' by Nina Brackett at Squigglefly. I also made this with the Moxie Fab World Card Style Week Classy & Elegant Challenge in mind.


The stunning patterned digi papers are from Fabrications Classic Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp from the Digichick. I used two different patterned papers to paper-piece the dress, I heat embossed the bodice by painting it with some Onyx Creative Inspirations Paint, sprinkled with black embossing powder and heated. I also made a matching envelope to go with the card.


The template for it (Rectangular Envelopes Set 1 from The Cutting Files) is from the Digichick. I distressed the edges by sponging with the same Onyx paint I used before. I embellished it with some diamont├ęs and a black button.


The big bow I made from beautiful black silk ribbon from The Stamp Simply Store. I attached the sentiment tag with some of the narrow black silk ribbon also from The Stamp Simply Store. I added a little shimmer border on the tag with some Creative Inspirations Paint in Winter Frost.


I used the same Winter Frost to paint the background the dress is on. I stitched a little border on the sewing machine and I sponged the edges of the card with Onyx the same as the envelope. I like how this turned out!!

You can play along too, just use the keyword ssnotime149 when uploading to any public forums, don't forget to upload to Sharon's Mr.Linky too!

Now, take a peek at some of the lovely creations from the Stamp Simply Design Team, just follow the links below.


Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Deb Neerman:  Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps 

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits 
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden 
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color 
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover 
Supplies: 

Card/paper: White Card, Fabrications Classic by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick
Stamps: Digital stamp set -  'Sew Fabulous' by Nina Brackett at Squigglefly
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Onyx and Winter Frost, Black Silk ribbon from The Stamp Simply Store, buttons, diamont├ęs, glue, black embossing powder, heat gun, foam pads, sewing machine, envelope template - Rectangular Envelopes Set 1 from The Cutting Files at the Digichick.

14 comments

  1. this is so elegant and stylish. just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy! I like your coordinating envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paper mix...love the black and white...fabulous, elegant design all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is stunning! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love these beautiful papers and your terrific design!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so classy and elegant, lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Black and white! My fav! And the envelope is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow- this is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous, Clare! Black and white is favorite combo of mine and this project is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Clare! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Classy & Elegant Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love how you did the envelope! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Clare!!! so elegant and stylish!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare! Sooooo absolutely beautiful! And the envie to match! Love the tag too...you really did an awesome job with this image!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.