Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #5

Thursday, July 15, 2010


I had a few moments to myself so I made a card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. It was a really nice layout this week. I was hoping to do a quick and simple card but as usual it didn't exactly turn out that way!


I was kinda going for a soft shabby look hence the loose threads and irregular lines etc. The floral papers were a nice digi discovery called Honeychurch by Kenner Road (Two Peas in a Bucket). I made a frill from some hot pink tissue paper on the sewing machine and added some zigzag stitching around the edges of the card.


I used a piece of acetate as my central panel, I stamped some Victorian Fripperie elements in white and painted the edges in white acrylic paint. I decided to flip it over and use the reverse side (it just looked nicer!). I managed to find a clear pink button that went well (I had to go searching for some superglue though, my usual glue wasn't sticking the button to the acetate at all!) I topped the button off with a little picot edged ribbon bow.

Don't forget I'm Guest Designer at the Stamp Simply blog for the month of July and I'll be posting my card for this week's challenge along with the rest of the design team later tonight.

Supplies:

Card/Paper: Pale grey card, digital paper Honeychurch by Kenner Road (Two Peas in a Bucket), white card
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Brilliance - Moonlight white
Other: Acetate, white acrylic paint, pink tissue paper, sewing machine, blending chalks, sentiment printed from computer, clear button, selection of ribbons.

2 comments

  1. Beautiful card, love the acetate in the centre, and the botton with that cute ribbon... baci

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and shabby chic! I love the colors and all the layers!! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.