Week #16 - Popsicles and Pinwheels

Sunday, July 4, 2010


This weeks challenge at The Shabby Tearoom is 'Popcicles and Pinwheels'. This photo is the inspiration for your card or project and you have to use the colors hot pink, bright green and cool turquoise. Such a cheery challenge I couldn't resist!


So, here's my card, I did have fun with it! The great digital papers are from the Sprout collection at The Shabby Shoppe. I love a little Argyle and the colors just matched the challenge perfectly! The colors were quite striking for the challenge so I used the turquoise and green as the main colors and just added a touch of pink!


A little close up of the pinwheel that I covered in blue sequins. I like how the sequins work well with the satin ribbon that I folded and stitched on the machine. I know the sequins might be a bit much for some people but it is a FUN card!


I printed the sentiment on the computer and softened the edges with blending chalks. I used some Creative Inspirations Paint in Blue Ice to add a little shimmer around the sentiment and on some of the zig zag stitching around the edges.

* Don't forget to pop over to the Creative Inspirations Blog to be in with a chance to WIN 5 jars of paint, colors of your choice. Hurry, you have until tomorrow the 5th of July! Click here to enter.*

Supplies:

Card/ Paper: Turquoise card, Digital Papers from The Sprout collection at The Shabby Shoppe
Other: Blue satin ribbon, hot pink grosgrain, pink embroidery thread, turquoise button, sequins, blending chalks, thread, sewing machine, computer printed sentiment.

ED * Yay, my card received an honorable mention this week at The Shabby Tearoom!*

5 comments

  1. I love your take on the challenge at the Shabby Tea Room! Love how you made your pinwheel! I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire your card is so pretty! I love the soft blues and your pinwheel is so sparkly and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Such pretty papers and I {heart} the ruffled satin ribbon and bling on the pinwheel! Thanks for sharing this little pretty with us this week in the Tea Room, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous! The sequins are NOT too much! I am in love with how they look on your adorable pinwheel. And that pleated satin ribbon....fabulous! I am so in love with this, Claire! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo gorgeous! I love the combination of playful and sophisticated, as well as your pinwheel bling!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.