Creative Inspirations Blog Hop!!

Sunday, August 15, 2010



Welcome to the Creative Inspirations Paint Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Shelley's blog, if you missed it then just go back to the beginning at the Creative Inspirations Blog. We're celebrating the one year anniversary of Creative Inspirations!! Above is the wonderful prize up for grabs at the Creative Inspirations Blog. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning this great prize is gather all the letter clues from each of the design team's blog (they'll be big or in a different color), go back to the Creative Inspirations Blog and leave your answer in the comment box!! Easy!! You have until Midnight Wednesday 18th August to enter.


In addition, to celebrate the anniversary, Creative Inspirations is releasing four new Limited Edition colors (above). These yummy new colors are Beige, Denim, Ivory and Burgundy. The colors will only be available for a limited period, so don't miss out!! Check out the Creative Inspirations Blog for full details. Ok, so the Design Team got to play with these fabulous new colors. I made a few creations to show U how beautiful the colors are. Starting with Beige.....


What goes well with Beige? Why lemon of course!! I was inspired by a recent Waltzingmouse Sketch for this card. Lots of lovely layers and textures. I stamped the border at the bottom of the card in Beige, it's from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Here we have a pretty mix of crochet flowers, buttons, pearls, satin ribbon, twine, some eyelet lace and some quilled flowers I made. I just love all the different textures!


I sponged the edges of the card with some of the Beige paint and I stamped the sentiment (Sweethearts from Waltzingmouse Stamps) in Buttercup Creative Inspirations Paint. You can really see the lovely shimmer effect on the border here. Moving on to Denim...


I decided to make a pretty tag for this color. I love teaming White with Denim, nice and crisp. Here I stamped the flower border from Great Impressions in VersaMagic and embossed in Silver Pearl, I used the resist technique and sponged over the Denim paint, then rubbed over the stamped area with a paper towel. I used a little blending chalk to soften the edges. The pretty white flower is from Imaginisce's Cottage Christmas Range - Snow Flowers. I added the button to the centre.


A detail from the border, I love with the darker Creative Inspirations colors you get beautiful silver flecks  when you paint with it. This one really is a perfect Denim color!! Moving on to the final two colors, Ivory and Burgundy, I combined the two in this card because they go so well together!


The pretty patterned paper is from the Thrift Shop (October Afternoon). I really like this yummy Ivory teamed up with pinks and Burgundy, they really work well together. I love the deep rose velvet ribbon, so soft!


This gorgeous little dusky rose crochet heart is from Annie Design at Etsy. I painted some cream silk ribbon with the Burgundy paint, made a little bow and stitched it to the heart. You always get amazing sparkle when you paint on ribbon with Creative Inspirations Paint!


I distressed the border by sponging some of the Ivory paint around the edges, I love the way it catches the light. I stamped the simple sentiment (Sweethearts from Waltzingmouse Stamps) using the Burgundy paint! I added some pretty crochet lace from the Stamp Simply Store.


Now continuing with the Blog Hop, it's time to visit Kendra's blog and see what she's created! Don't forget to look out for the next letter clue to be in with a chance of winning the fabulous prize!! Enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop!!

25 comments

  1. I love the card with al the diferend flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards and that Tag is gorgeous. S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you showed off the colors so well. Love your work. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your cards and tag is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your gorgeous cards- what a fabulous showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and tag! Love how you made a card to show off each color, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are all amazing! great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've outdone yourself. gorgeous creations. Those paints are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your are gorgeous. Love how you used each color individually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab creations, love your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soft elegance of your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous creations! I've never even thought to try stamping with the paints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALL are just fabulous........So pretty. You just do wonderful work.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow - thanks for all the great art!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards and so feminine. Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a show of wonderful card designs! I love the first one the best with all the lemon color buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely creations, ALL of them, my fav tho is the first, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards -- love the button flowers! The white and denim is so pretty also!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those subtle colors ... so elegant ... and the buttons and flowers are super-fab.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH CLARE! Your work is sooooo beautiful! I hope you submit it for publication, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful job on the cards and tag!
    i love the crochet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful projects, Clare! love the row of pretty elements on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a wonderful job with your cards they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! You have been busy!

    I love all of the new colors...and now the Buttercup color as well. I really like your tag with the new "denim" color! Just fabulous!
    Thanks for showing that you can use these paints on fabric also!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.