Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz

Tuesday, August 17, 2010




Yay, my second Blog Waltz with Waltzingmouse Stamps, my first as Mischief Maker! Apologies for any mistakes in this post, it's pretty late here and I should be in bed. I'm operating on auto-pilot at the moment!! I hope you're enjoying the waltz! I love this month's theme of Vintage/ Shabby Chic (open to interpretation!) Here's my little project! I also made this for this week's Shabby Tearoom challenge #23 'The Delicate Cottage Rose'.


I made a card and matching gift box (large matchbox!). I was making these little paper roses at the weekend so I thought I'd use them in my project. The pretty floral paper is from Victorian Papers by Carina Gardner at Two Peas in a Bucket. The text paper is from Gardenologie by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick.


I used the motif from Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps to create the border at the bottom, I'm not sure if you can see it but I embossed it in Mirror Gold. I distressed the edges with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet.


I tied some tulle around the card and some silk ribbon. I used some card from the Mariposa Stack to make the flower and I painted the white side with Rose Quartz Creative Inspirations Paint. I used this tutorial to make them. The flower shape I used is from Paper Flowers -The Cutting Files available from The Digichick this Thursday.


The wee box is the size of a large matchbox I used a template from the Digichick to make it. Really easy.
I used the same supplies to decorate the box as I did on the card.


I lined the inside of the box with a burgundy floral paper also from Victorian Papers by Carina Gardner at Two Peas in a Bucket. I just shoved a bit of tulle in there. Would make a nice gift box for a special piece of jewelry or some yummy belgian chocs!


The box is topped with a smaller version of the other rose. Just five layers in this one! The sentiment stamp is from Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I embossed this in gold too.


A close up of the large rose, nine layers in this one. The tutorial for making these is brilliant, you can use any five or six petal flower shape or punch to make them. Really fun and I just love roses! Enjoy the rest of the blog waltz!

Waltzingmouse Stamps August Blog Waltz - List

Supplies: 


Card/Paper: Cream pearlescent card, Victorian Papers (digi) by Carina Gardner at Two Peas in a Bucket, Gardenologie by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick, Card for roses the Mariposa Stack DCWV
Stamps: Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet
Other: Template for Matchbox by Kelleigh Ratzlaff at The Digichick, Mirror Gold embossing powder, heat gun, Gold Creative Inspirations Paint, lace, tulle, silk ribbon, natural twine, deep rose velvet ribbon, sewing machine, gold embroidery thread, super glue, double sided tape.



44 comments

  1. Just beautiful, a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you can tell you put a lot of TLC into this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your spotlight Clare! This set is adorable ... so very beautiful and your flowers are fabulous ... might try some of these too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. love the tiny pearl drawer pull. Say that three times fst...faster....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card and box are gorgeous! I love your roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your box and card Clare! what lovely colors and gorgeous flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning set, Clare! The roses look so real! Love what you've made - its just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely, positively goregous!!! I adore the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty flower! The colors are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnifique, wonderfull projetc, fabulous flowers !!!

    carole

    http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Clare! The flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Clare I am in love with this card and matchbox! The papers are heavenly and the roses are divine! Thank you so much for sharing these beauties with us in the Tea Room and thanks for being our guest DT last week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! This is another stunning project of yours, lovely pairs and the flower is just a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clare, this is FABULOUS!!!1 The papers you picked are just perfect and the roses are amazing!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Clare! Stunning gift ensemble! Love those big roses & all the shabby goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These roses are just beautiful. Teamed up with the WMS and the pretty papers and this little set is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! That rose is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Claire - just STUNNING. What an absolutely gorgeous card and the box is amazing - you can really see the work that's gone into creating it. Those roses are incredible - thanks for sharing the tutorial with us. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! What an exquisite set!!! You are truely an inspired crafter!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely set!! I always love your stuff, Clare... and I am so glad you led me to this tutorial; I will have to try these, as I love making paper flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful handmade rose! The whole set is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jaw-dropping gorgeous! I am in awe of your talent! Truly stunning card, box, and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How beautiful... Your flowers are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WHOA that rose is so authentic looking! Amazing layers! I love the sweet papers, the creams, and the stamping over the text on the card. And that little box is just the best! So sweet with the little rose and the tag. Beautiful waltz projects!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! gorgeous set!! so so so pretty!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh MY! That flower is just marvelous -- a real beauty! The whole set is darling -- so soft and feminine, well thought out and put together. Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Clare, I have so been looking forward to seeing your post since the theme of the waltz was announced because I knew you would do something wonderful with it. And you did not disappoint! Such a lovely set. Love the creamy colour scheme and that rose - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous Clare! That rose is beautiful! I must try to make one. Thanks for the link!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh, these are gorgeous, Clare! Love that pretty paper and your stamped motifs, and those roses!!!!! OMyWord, those roses are amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh this is absolutely divine. i love the matching gift box and card. the perfect, the rose, the distressing - all wonderful elements that you have put together. this is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my Claire! They are gorgeous beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous projects! The patterned paper you used is just perfect with those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my shabby goodness, Clare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW is all I can say! Just simply STUNNING, as usual! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talents with us week after week in the Tea Room -- we're so lucky to be inspired by your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. what beauty! Love visiting your blog because I know you always have something lovely to share! Those roses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The flowers are beautiful! Well, the whole project is! I love the colors - they make the whole shabby thing work so well! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OOOo I really really do love you roses !They are stunning!!So are your card and giftbox

    ReplyDelete
  37. My goodness, what a beautiful rose! Your gift box and card are lovely too, whoever's getting these will be thrilled...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very,very pretty, I just love those roses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful box and absolutely gorgeous rose (so clever!)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.