Party Favors!!

Thursday, August 5, 2010


This week's DT challenge at Creative Inspirations is 'Party Favors'!! I decided to go the grown up route. Something sweet for the mommies!! I picked a fairly muted palette of duck egg blue, cream and antique gold. I used Creative Inspirations Paint to distress the edges of my favors and I stamped with them too. I love the way the shimmer in the paint coordinates so well with satin ribbon. I used a combo of the colors Sea Foam, Sky Blue, Turquoise and Antique Gold when sponging the edges.


The fab favor bag template is from the Cutting Files at The Digichick. (I think it's free at the moment too!) There's four versions in the kit. I loved the scallop edge on the top of this one, so pretty! I stamped the border at the bottom in Antique Gold CI paint, the stamp is from the Victorian Fripperie set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I made the little flower from circles of fabric and a pearl bead.


On the back of each bag I changed things up a bit and stamped the border in Sea Foam. I made the cream ribbon by tearing strips of cream lining fabric, folded and stitched on the machine. The turquoise seam binding is from Prairie Bird Boutique at Etsy.


The card I used to make the bag and tag is from Anna Griffin Decorative Impressions Paper Pack - Old Paris Palette. The tag stamp is Studio G, I masked the word LOVE that was in the centre because I just wanted the frame, the sentiment 'Oh My!' is from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it using Antique Gold CI paint and I painted the border with a mix of Sky Blue and Turquoise.


I used simple white paper bags for the inner of the bag, it's fixed by the ribbon through holes I made with a hole punch. I really enjoyed making these, I love these colors and I think these will make nice little gifts, filled with some yummy treats of course!! Pop over to the Creative Inspirations Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have made and now you can post your own cards that you've made using CI paints. (We'd love to see what you come up with!)

Supplies:

Card/paper: Anna Griffin Decorative Impressions Paper Pack - Old Paris Palette
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Studio G series 41
Paints: Creative Inspirations Paint in Antique Gold, Sky Blue, Sea Foam, Turquoise
Other: Favor bag template from the Cutting Files at The Digichick, cream lining fabric, pearl bead, sewing machine, twine, blue satin ribbon, turquoise grosgrain, white paper bags, flower sequins, buttons,  turquoise seam binding.

12 comments

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous and more Gorgeous!!! Love the pretty colors- I would LOVE to get this pretty goody bag!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my indeed these are stunning - I want to go to a party where the adults get a party bag - esp one like this !!
    Gorgeous hun x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are the most beautiful bags! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, beautiful color combo. I think everybody wants a party bag like this.... me too :)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a supersweet treat, I love the little flowers and ribbon, that you made yourself! GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous job! They are just beautiful!! Love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful. With a bag like that, I wouldn't care what the treat inside was. The bag is the treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful shabby chic favors Clare! Love the blue and all the pretty stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm catching up on your blog today, and having so much fun with it! This is so soft & pretty and makes me want to go create!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.