Shabby sweetheart card and tool tote

Sunday, August 8, 2010



I made this little project for something special but I can't tell you until next month what for. Just that I'm really excited about it! : ) I love these two pastel colors together, they always work well. The sweet heart stamp is from the Seasons of Love - Tags set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I just love the detail in these stamps, always stunning!


The pretty pink flower paper is from the Happy Hearts kit by Brenda & Nicole (Sugarplum Paperie) at the Digichick. The blue paper is from Honeychurch by Kenner Road. I used pink blending chalk to soften the edges of the card and around the sentiment. I distressed the edges with some sandpaper, I love that effect. The sentiment is from the Sweethearts set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I stamped it using Tanzanite Creative Inspirations paint, such a gorgeous blue! I added some stitching on the sewing machine. The cream ribbon I made, it's so easy and makes great shabby ribbon, it's simply a strip torn from dress lining fabric ( you snip the first inch with a scissors and then pull apart), it frays so softly. The pink ribbon is from Memrie Mare at Etsy.


I found a brilliant template for this cool tool tote at My Time Made Easy, they have some fabulous templates there, really creative! I used the same papers and embellishments I used on the card. I popped in two little plants, they fit nicely. I added some extra card in the base and a rectangle of aluminum foil to keep any moisture getting on the card.

I made the time to tidy up my craft room, I hadn't noticed how messy it had become. I usually tidy my desk off after each project but the surrounding area had become a little.... chaotic!! I had bought some clear storage boxes and plastic trays and I finally got around to putting stuff in them. The whole area feels so much better, lighter!! I only spent about forty minutes tidying but it was well worth it!

I'll be posting a new card tomorrow for The Shabby Tearoom as I'm Guest Designer this week, yippee!! The inspiration photo this week is gorgeous, you won't want to miss this one!!

Supplies:

Card/paper: White card, Happy Hearts digital paper by Sugarplum Paperie at the Digichick, Honeychurch by Kenner Road (Two Peas in a Bucket)
Stamps: Seasons of Love - Tags and Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Angel Pink
Other: Tool Tote Template from My Time Made Easy, lace, green and white baker's twine, buttons, pale green satin ribbon, cream dress lining fabric, sewing machine, Tanzanite Creative Inspirations Paint, flat backed pearls.

5 comments

  1. This is so sweet! Someone will be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just so beautiful, sweet and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet it is, a wonderful gift for a hostess, i think - and your jewelrybox is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful project! love the pretty soft colors and that tool tote is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute tote, what a neat idea! And you've got me looking seriously at that Seasons of Love Tag stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.