Sweet Birdies!

Thursday, August 19, 2010



** My card received an honorable mention at the Play Date Cafe!! **

It's Creative Inspirations DT challenge time again, this week's challenge is 'Summer Stroll', to be inspired by the colors of summer. So I went with some pretty fresh greens, sweet blue birds and flowers. I used the colors from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge #43. I used this week's Card Patterns Sketch 77 also.


This sweet digi paper is from Sprout at the Shabby Shoppe. I used a little Sky Blue Creative Inspirations Paint on the little birds. The stamped frame border is from Fiskars Kids Birthday, I used VersaMagic Tea Leaves Ink. I added a little turquoise glitter border too.


I stamped the sentiment from Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps in Aqua Marine Creative Inspirations Paint. The little tag frame is Studio G, stamped with Tea Leaves VersaMagic.


I just love this oh so soft crochet flower, it's mohair I bought it on ebay, they come in all different colors. It's so cuddly!! I just love flowers. The outer green frame I painted with Emerald Creative Inspirations Paint. Don't forget to check out the rest of the Design Team's creations at the Creative Inspirations blog. Have a lovely day! : )

Supplies: 


Card/Paper: White card, Sprout Digi Papers at The Shabby Shoppe, lime green paper from My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary Summer Papers
Stamps: Studio G, Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Friskars Kids Birthday
Ink: VersaMagic TeaLeaves
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint Emerald, Sky Blue, Aqua Marine, buttons, pale blue organza ribbon, turquoise glitter, natural twine, sky blue grosgrain ribbon, sewing machine, large mohair crochet flower.

22 comments

  1. wow! this is gorgeous, Clare! that crochet flower is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card- love the mohair flower, love the punched edge- looks like stitching at first glance- great embellies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very soft and pretty, that flower is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally diggin' the crochet flower!! Very pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the birds and that crochet flower is simply gorgeous and is the perfect touch to your card. Tracy Evans

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty flower! And it looks fab on this card. Thanks for playing so beautifully with this week's colours at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! I've not seen crochet flowers in mohair before, so lovely! Glad you could join in the fun over at the PDCC with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love it! The shimmer on the birds, is great! The crochet flower is perfect, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet birds and a fabulous crochet flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful use of this weeks PDCC colors, wonderful crochet embellishment. Glad the CIDT could play along at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely, Clare! Love the fabulous crochet flower.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card, wouldn't be surprised if this one was chosen! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous flower! VERY special!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet and delicate card. I love the flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful crochet flower! Lovely card. So happy to have you and the CIDT play along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card; gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beatiful use of the challenge colors - your flower is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi~

    This card has caught my eye in a couple different places I think! I love it! The birds are so soft and delicate looking. Between the different dps, the buttons and ribbon and the beautiful flower...my eyes are so excited to take everything in!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOOOOOOOW! I love that crocheted flower--beautiful! I also love that this card is soft with lots of details and layers:) LOVE it all! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is SO beautiful. So soft and sweet. Such a wonderful job with the challenge colors.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.