Vintage Rose

Wednesday, August 25, 2010



*** My card WON card of the week at CARD PATTERNS !!! and an honorable mention at the Shabby Tea Room, I'm shocked and delighted!! ***

Just popping in with a quick post, we had a busy weekend at the local festival - 'The Rose of Tralee', lots going on, we took Isabelle to the circus (no animals), she loved it! She starts pre-school next week and is so excited! I've been working on some magazine commissions the past few days. I made a card today using Card Patterns Sketch 78 and combined it with this week's Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week#24 'A Little Bit of Metal'.


The lovely rose print paper is Floral Fantasy by Betsy Tuma at Two Peas in a Bucket. The little bit of handwriting you can see is from a scanned copy of an old letter of my grandfather's, he had gorgeous handwriting! I love using it in my cards! The lovely green color paper with subtle stripe is from Ready for Spring by Elise and Jude at the Digichick.


The rose I made using some card from the Mariposa Stack using this tutorial. I painted the white side of the card with some Ivory Creative Inspirations Paint. The little rose I painted with Mango Creative Inspirations Paint. The sentiment is from the Sweethearts set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I stamped it using Impress Bottle Green.


Just in case you were wondering where my 'Little Bit of Metal' was, it's the little off white metal rose, it's from a vintage earring. I used some torn strips of cream dress lining for the ribbon along side the seam binding.


I also sponged a little Green Olive Creative Inspirations Paint around the edges of the card and some Mango and Ivory around the image of the roses.

I'll be back on Saturday with a brand new creation for the next Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Oh and you still have a little time to enter this week's challenge for a chance to win two brand unreleased stamp sets!!! (I've heard they're pretty amazing, you'll definitely want to get your hands on these!!) You have another chance to win by simple leaving a comment on the Mischief Makers blogs for that challenge! Wow, how generous is that!! Full details here.

Supplies:


Card/paper: Green paper from Ready for Spring by Elise and Jude at The Digichick, white card, Floral Fantasy by Betsy Tuma at Two Peas in a Bucket, Mariposa Stack.
Stamps: Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Impress Bottle Green
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Ivory, Mango, Beige and Green Olive, natural twine, flat backed pearls, sewing machine, peach seam binding, paper rose, cream lining fabric, crochet circle, metal rose from vintage earring.

20 comments

  1. That's an awesome card!!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty! love all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Clare! Love the rose. What a special touch to be able to use your grandfather's handwriting on the card. (I always watch The Rose of Tralee day that is done on QVC shopping channel each year, although I'm sure it's nothing like the actual festival)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card! I love thAt you used your GrandFather's handwritten letters. lots of vintage yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, you are a true artist! This is stunning!!! I plan to try making one of those flowers myself when I have a moment to come up for air.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is GORGEOUS, Clare! I love the paper in the background and adore your paper flower and the stunning layering ribbon. That metal earring looks fabulous on here. And how cool that you use your grandfather's old letter for text. LOVE this! thanks for sharing your lovely work with us in the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! So soft and feminine! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only say that you are an amzing artist. This is so spectacular. I am impressed. This is just perfect. Gorgeous and out of this world beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So feminine and beautiful, a work of art! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever, clever ... clever, Missy!!! I had to read the entire post to find that clever bit of metal!!! Such an amazing design ... I simply {heart} your work! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Clare ... just beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, Clare, your cards and goodies are truly luscious! Because you inspire me with the beauty you create, I have presented an 'award' to you on my blog here: http://colleen-dietrichdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/creamer-and-cherries.html

    Keep showing us that talent of yours!
    Hugs,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such softly beautiful card. Your handmade prima certainly deserves the focus of attention. Thanks for the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card,I love how you've used your Grandfather's old letter.

    Your blog is so inspirational there is an award for you on my blog if you'd like to collect it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful creation. Love the little bit of metal. The handmade flower is fabulous. Thanks for playing along at Card Patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Clare! Wonderful vintage shabby chicness! Lovely detailing and design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is just stunning! I love all the bits you added here, especially those roses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that paper rose is a knock-out! i love love love. thanks for stopping by my blog! i really enjoy coming over here to see all the cards you create =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Easy to see why it was chosen as card of the week at Card Patterns! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations....it's a stunning card and I'm off to check out the tutorial on how to make that beaut flower. Love the idea of using your Grandpa's writing on your cards....must consider my Mum's gorgoeus writing for the same idea. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.