Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #12

Saturday, August 28, 2010



Another lovely sketch this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. A little easier than last week's sketch but hey it's good to push yourself outside of the box ever now and then. Here's what I came up with.


I've been neglecting my Afternoon Tea stamps by Waltzingmouse Stamps recently, so it was time to get them out, forgot how much I loved them!! I've also been a little muted in my color choices lately so I picked a nice hot pink and bright green combo to liven things up a bit! I stamped the image twice, once in Memento Rose Bud and once in VersaMagic Tea Leaves, I cut the centre out of the pink one and layered with foam pads on to the green.


I distressed the edges a little with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and a little Victorian Velvet. I don't know what it is about hot pink but it always makes me want to add a bit of bling to my cards, I was almost finished this card and I was going to put a button there but I went for the bling! It's from my lot of odd vintage earrings, attached with superglue because it is a little heavy!


The big ruffle down the middle was easy to make from a torn strip of cream dress lining fabric, I just sewed along the middle and pulled the back thread to gather. The cream bow is from the same fabric. I pleated a little of the green seam binding and layered on top. I sponged a little Ivory Creative Inspirations Paint around the edges of the card.

Make sure you visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to get some inspiration from the Mischief Makers and some of the Waltzingmouse DT. Please use the keyword WMSC12 when you upload to any public galleries. You have until Thursday September 2nd at Midnight EST to upload to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Go on, this is an easy one!! : )

Supplies: 


Card/Paper: White card, Digital papers (dots) is from Tiny Princess by Sugarplum Paperie at the Digichick, Rose Damask from Sprout at the Shabby Shoppe, beige floral paper by Carina Gardner at Two Peas in a Bucket
Stamps: Afternoon Tea by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Rose Bud, VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen
Other: Green seam binding, foam pads, vintage earring, natural twine, cream dress lining fabric, sewing machine, lace, pink ric rac, superglue, Creative Inspirations Paint in Ivory.

16 comments

  1. Breathtaking Clare! I love the colours and the ruffled ribbon with the bling is stunning,
    The whole card is just beautiful,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous, Clare! love the fabulous ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Clare!!! Blown off my feet! absolutely gorgeous!!! LOOK at that fabby ribbon too!! Thank you very much for your stunning challenge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous !! I so love your shabby style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Clare! Love that gorgeous ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your ruffled ribbon on this Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really stunning Clare. I adore that beautiful ruffled ribbon...such a wonderful accent to an already fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Clare! So elegant & feminine! Your ribbon treatment looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I have to say is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever use of the dress lining. The colors and pearl buttons are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Just so pretty! Love the ribbon detail. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, love the ribbon treatment and the jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Clare, this is just gorgeous!! It's taken me all week to get round to telling you that, but I just LOVE it!! You're one talented lady!! Have a wonderful weekend x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. just so inspiring. love how you layered the pink and green label. i tried that seam pulling trick and it landed in disaster! you'll have to let me in on your secret! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ren-Yi, I keep the tension on the sewing machine pretty loose, maybe that made it easier, you'll have to experiment!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!