Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #9

Saturday, August 7, 2010



First of all, I'm so delighted to be part of the Waltzingmouse Sketch Team (a.k.a. Mischief Maker!), wow their work is amazing!! I can't believe I was asked to join them!! I love the sketches at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog they're so creative!! And of course I'm a huge fan of Waltzingmouse Stamps!! Ok, I loved this sketch, so pretty. I decided to flip it to landscape to fit with the box I was making. SO, here's my creation.


I'd been playing around with different fabric flowers recently, so I had a few to play with. They were a bit big for a card but perfect for a box. I chose a cream and gold color scheme to highlight all the different textures going on. There's a lot of embossing here too! The box is made from foam board so it's nice n' sturdy! I covered it with plain cream gift wrap to act as a base.


I thought the Victorian Fripperie set was my favorite but then I received Seasons of Love - Tags..... just magical! Combining Christmas and Valentines very clever! This heart tag is just gorgeous! I loved embossing it in Silver Pearl. The little key is from a stamp set on bought on Etsy ages ago.


The sentiment is from the Sweethearts set. I embossed that in Mirror Gold. The ribbon I made from dress lining fabric, it's very reasonable to buy, super easy to tear (one snip with a scissors then pull!) and frays brilliantly. I use the same fabric to make my flowers.


Along the front of the box I stamped the border from Victorian Fripperie and embossed in Silver Pearl. I added a little stitching on the sewing machine and distressed the edges with some sandpaper.


This is one of my favorite details on the box. The little motif is from Seasons of Love -Tags, so perfect for the front of my little box. I embossed it in gold again. The little embellishment is part of an old vintage earring. ( I love adding a little 'real' vintage to my creations sometimes!) I like searching ebay for lots of odd earrings, they usually come in bundles. They make perfect embellishments. I'm a bit of magpie!!


On top of the box there's a selection of flowers and buttons. I stamped and embossed the Victorian Fripperie border again in Silver Pearl. I also brushed some pearly powder around the edges and some Winter Frost Creative Inspirations Paint. The flowers I brushed with PVA and dipped in some ultra fine glitter.


This flower I made from a long strip of torn dress lining fabric that I just gathered on one edge and rolled into a flower. The large pearly embellishment is another vintage earring! I used some superglue for this one just to make sure it stayed secure!


I left the inside pretty simple because there's so much going on on the outside. I just stamped a motif from Victorian Fripperie on the inside of the lid to write a message or date. I thought the box would make a nice jewelry box or a special memory box... whatever you like!


Make sure you pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see all the stunning creations from the Mischief Makers. I hope we inspire you to create something for the challenge (I've heard whisperings of a prize this week's challenge to celebrate the Mischief Makers arrival!) Don't forget to link your card over at the blog. If you upload to any galleries please use WMSC9 as a keyword. have fun!!

Supplies:

Card/paper: Cream card, foam board, cream wrapping paper (gift wrap)
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie, Seasons of Love - Tags and Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps, key stamp from Etsy
Ink: Versamark
Other: Silver Pearl Heat it Up embossing powder, Mirror Gold Personal Impressions embossing powder,    lace, flat backed pearls, sewing machine, super glue, pearl powder, Creative Inspirations Paint in Winter Frost, vintage earrings, buttons, pearl beads, ultra fine glitter, gold embroidery thread, crochet flower, rose bud embellishment, cream dress lining fabric, cream organza fabric.

17 comments

  1. This creation is just wonderful Clare, well done! Love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, oh my Clare! First - welcome to the Mischief Makers! What a wonderful keepsake box you created here! I love the cream colors and all the gorgeous embossing. Your flowers are beautiful and all the accents add up to one lovely creation!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Smokes Clare! This box is STUNNING! So beautiful & elegant! So happy that you are sharing your wonderful talent with the Mischief Makers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing! you always have such beautiful projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project, and congrats on your new DT post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, I KNEW I liked you instantly when I first landed on your blog and saw your stunning work! This box is absolutely heavenly, what a treasure it is! You made some serious mischief here, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, absolutely stunning. You have created a piece of pure elegance. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absolutely amazing, Clare!! so so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is WOW! And STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gasped when I saw this in the forum, and I am totally smitten having seen all those fabulous close ups. What a wonderful display of talent with absolutely stunning results. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Clare! This is absolutely breathtaking! So many gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Clare! I am glad I found your blog. I am super-impressed by your work. Such an artist you are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare, this is amazing! What an incredible project, your attention to detail has certainly paid off. I can't wait to see what else you come up with as part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. holy cannoli, clare. can i just say thank you so much for sharing those pictures? that box is absolutely gorgeous. something that i would admire everyday if it sat on my dresser...i love the immense amount of detail you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooops and i wanted to say Congrats on being part of the Mischief WMS family. (i got carried away with your beautiful box)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.