Card Patterns - Sketch 80 (Guest Designer)

Saturday, September 4, 2010




I'm so excited and honored to be Guest Designer this week at Card Patterns!! I was so delighted to be in the Super Six for Sketch 78 and to have my card chosen as card of the week, wow!! I'm so grateful!! So, here is this week's sketch, Sketch 80, a lovely layout! Here's my take on the sketch.

(If you're here for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge scroll down....)


I just love the papers in the 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection, so much to look at!! All the papers I used here are from that collection. I added a little pleated cream dress lining fabric and some twine. I distressed the edges of the card with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink. The stamped sentiment is from Sweethearts at Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added a little oatmeal color crochet flower and touch of seam binding. I hope you play along this week, it's a super sketch!!

Supplies: Cream Card, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection
Stamps: Sweethearts and Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink It Up Chocolate Brown, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink, VersaMagic Tea Leaves
Other: Oatmeal Crochet flower, natural twine,  buttons, sewing machine, lemon seam binding.

10 comments

  1. How pretty Clare! love the pleated ribbon and pretty crocheted flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! love your take on the sketch, Clare!! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Clare, huge congrats on your GD call.
    Love all the distess inks and the papers are beautiful,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on ur GD stint!! Love that new line from 7Gs & you did amazing with it!! Love the subtle colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being guest designer! You made a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card! beautiful papers, colors, and embellies! love the crocheted flower and buttons. congrats on being a guest designer :)! thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Clare ... such a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this so much - those illustrated birds are so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.