Creative Inspirations Paint - book club

Thursday, September 16, 2010



This week's Creative Inspirations Paint DT challenge theme is Book Club - to create a card inspired by our favorite book. Most of my favorite books are gardening or wildlife books (yea I'm a nerd!) so I created a card inspired by the garden.


The gorgeous green paper is from the Conservatory Paper collection by 7Gypsies. The aqua and lime paper is a digi paper from the Sprout Collection at The Shabby Shoppe. I gathered some natural silk ribbon and layered it over some turquoise seam binding.


I scanned a page from one of my wildflower books, printed the page and cut out the butterfly from this.   I could never sacrifice a page from a book! It's just wrong.


I stamped the sentiment on the tag using Evergreen Creative Inspirations Paint, the sentiment is from Basket Additions from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I painted the tag in Ivory Creative Inspirations Paint before I stamped it to add some extra shimmer. I distressed the edges with a little Gold and Evergreen CI paint.


I sponged the edges of the card with Ivory and Gold Creative Inspirations Paint. I layered the pretty Prima flower on to a cream crochet flower and some seam binding. I really like how this card turned out.
Pop over to the Creative Inspirations blog to see what the rest of the DT have created!

This is my last post as DT member with Creative Inspirations Paint, I've really enjoyed my time with the team and playing with some truly stunning paints. They'll always be in my kit! A big thank you to Molly for having me! Thanks to Kassi for running things, you do such a great job. To all the girls on the team, it's been great working along side such a talented group!! I'll be popping by the CI blog regularly!!

Supplies:


Card/paper: 7 Gypsies Conservatory Papers, Sprout Collection at the Shabby Shoppe, printed text, white card
Stamps: Basket Additions by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Ivory, Gold, Evergreen and Aqua Marine, sewing machine, green and white baker's twine, flat backed pearl, crochet flower, turquoise seam binding, cream silk ribbon, turquoise button, Prima flower - Tea roses (snow).

17 comments

  1. Beautiful Clare ... just so pretty and tactile ... love the flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just found my way here from the CI paint blog. Your card is stunning. I have just become a follower of your blog so I can see more of your beautiful cards!

    I also don't like to pull pages out of books, I photocopy them too, it seems wrong otherwise! I used pages from a bunty annual on a layout recently and by scanning it in I could also apply sepia effect and get it looking right too. Much better than ripping it apart! xxx

    http://jennifersjumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Wonderful use of the paints, your ribbon/seam binding flower embellishment is just beatutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card- love the DSP and the ruffly ribbons- your eye for color is awesome! We'll miss you on the CI team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a lovely card, and the ribbon treatment is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, as always! thanks so much for all you have done for the team! good luck on all your future endeavors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, clare! i love the colors and the papers. beautiful trim and flower and i love that tag! thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just beautiful! Love the shabby feel and your crochet floer is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wvwry piece and every detail of this card is just gorgeous. One of my favorite color schemes and I can only say that I love this card. Pure beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Gorgeous!! I love the ribbon and Flowers. Did you make your own crochet flower? I am looking for a simple pattern to make some.. Great Job Clare!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gorgeous! love the pps you used and the beautiful ribbon treatment. love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is so beautiful! Love the colors--they are so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, a great use of the flowers, ribbon, butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monique - I didn't make the crochet flower but learning how to crochet is on the top of my to-do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card Clare. We will miss having you as part of the team but you definitely have a better offer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job Clare!! We'll miss you on the CI Blog! But I'll still be stopping by your blog to see your beautiful cerations!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.