Monochrome

Thursday, September 2, 2010



The DT challenge for the Creative Inspirations Paint blog this week is Monochrome and to use ribbon or lace. I made a large tag and focused on layers and textures. I used some of the gorgeous papers from the Fabrications Classic Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick.


I used Coal Creative Inspirations Paint to stamp the motif border onto some black sheet foam. The stamp is from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I also cut out a little butterfly from black foam and painted it with Coal Creative Inspirations Paint. I cut another butterfly from some of the Fabrications Classic Paper.


I painted some mesh ribbon with Onyx Creative Inspiration Paint, I layered that on to some more paper from Fabrications Classic Paper Pack that I distressed with Coal CI paint. I added a touch of lace and a little black crochet flower under the butterfly.

Don't forget to pop over to the Creative Inspirations Blog to see the rest of the DT creations. Creative Inspirations Paint are currently looking to expand the Design Team, so if you're interesting in joining the team and playing with some gorgeous paints check out the details here.

Supplies: 


Card/ Paper: White card, Fabrications Classic Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick
Stamps: Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paint: Onyx and Coal Creative Inspirations Paint
Other: Black sheet foam, flat backed pearls, black silk ribbon, lace, mesh ribbon, black crochet flower, sewing machine, hole punch, cream dress lining fabric.

11 comments

  1. elegant and beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! so pretty and elegant! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant and beautiful. I love the idea of B/W- I would not have thought to accent blk/white like this! Love this and all of the embellishments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous ... I love black and white ... so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and elegant tag Clare! Love bl and wh together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how lovely. this caught my eye as i was trying to spot your wmsc13 post. you always have something elegant and classy up your sleeves.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.