The Shabby Tea Room - Week #28

Monday, September 20, 2010


Ok, I have a bit of news (I've been sitting on this one for a while!!) I'm now officially a "Shabby Girl"!! I'm so delighted to be part of the Shabby Tea Room Design Team, they're all such talented ladies! I'm a huge fan of The Shabby Tea Room and I love their weekly challenges. Oh AND there's another new DT member over at The Shabby Tea Room, Pattie Goldman, her work is beautiful!! This week's challenge is titled School Days, Cathy is our host and this is the photo inspiration. The challenge is to design a card or project with a school theme.


This week's sponsor is the Digi Doodles Shop.


The Design Team were provided with some images to play with from The Digi Doodle Shop. I used the Hoot Owl image for my card, it was such a cute image to work with. I really had fun coloring it!


I used Creative Inspirations Paint in Chocolate, Beige, Ivory, Tanzanite and Sunshine to color the Owl image. The cute apples paper is a digi paper from the Back to School kit by MKC at the Digichick. I added some Garnet Creative Inspirations Paint along the edges of the paper.


I stamped the sentiment from Half Pint Heros by Waltzingmouse Stamps in Moonlight White on some black card. The card base is covered in brown paper. I added a little stitching and some raffia to finish things off. Now pop along and see what the rest of the "Shabby Girls" have created. You will enjoy!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - (TSTR Creator) - Simple Treasures
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Lisa Golzbein - Oh So Cute by Lisa
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Black card, brown paper, white card, red card
Stamps: Hoot Owl from the Digi Doodles Shop, Half Pint Heros by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Moonlight White
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Garnet, Chocolate, Beige, Ivory, Tanzanite and Sunshine, sewing machine, raffia.

13 comments

  1. Hi Clare and welcome to the team! So glad you're a Shabby Girl now! I love your debut card, that owl is just too cute and the apple background paper is the perfect touch for the school theme! Nice to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable, Clare! Welcome to the team ... so happy to have you as a Shabby Girl now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super !! Congrats on being a Shabby Girl!! You go!
    Looking forward to your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats clare! super cute owl card! love the apple DP. thanks for sharing and congrats again! have a great week! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Clare - thanks for stopping by...I am sooo looking forward to working with all the Shabby Girls! Great card - that owl is so cute with those big eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Clare ... happy for you ... lovin' your card too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Clare! So happy to have you as a swap partner for the lace and doily exchange! thanks for visiting my blog as well! This card is so cute! I love the owl's eyes! I lived in Scotland for 4 years and had a friend from Ireland, sorry I never got to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww... this is so sweet! lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Clare! Glad to see your on the DT at one of my favorite blogs to visit! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new DT post. I will look forward to seeing your creations,love this week's,very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new DT gig!! Your card is so adorable, I love OWLS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the lovely comments!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome "Shabby GF" - so glad to have you on the team! I have admired your work for sometime now - so happy it will be up close and personal! :) Love this weeks card - that owl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.