Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #13

Saturday, September 4, 2010



A new sketch challenge from Waltzingmouse Stamps Challenge blog, I have to admit I did find this one a little tricky, a bit geometric for me maybe. Anyway, I gave it my best shot and this is what I came up with. 


Yea, like I said, tricky, I kind of evolved the sketch a little! To try and make it work : ) Anyway the lovely paper is from 7Gypsies Conservatory collection. I made the flower using this tutorial and card from the Mariposa Stack DCWV.


I painted the white side of the card with a mix of Beige and Gold Creative Inspirations Paint. The flower shape I used is from Paper Flower Templates Set 1 - The Cutting Files at The Digichick.


The lovely stamped sentiment is from the Sweethearts set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used Chocolate Brown Ink It Up to stamp it. I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.


I hope you can see it but I stamped behind the flower. I stamped the circle motif from Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps in Versamark Ink and embossed it with some Mirror Gold embossing powder.

Make sure you visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some inspiration from the design team. Please use the keyword WMSC13 when uploading to public galleries. You have until Thursday September 9th at Midnight EST to upload your creation to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.

Supplies:

Card/Paper: Cream card, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection, The Mariposa Stack DCWV
Stamps: Sweethearts and Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up Chocolate Brown, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen, Versamark Ink
Other: Lemon seam binding, natural twine, cream dress lining fabric, sewing machine, mirror gold embossing powder, heat gun, button, flat backed pearl.

5 comments

  1. Stunning card, amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we're looking through the blinds (ribbon) into a lovely yellow flowered bedroom Clare! Your flower is super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flower is gorgeous!! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very stunning. love how you pleated that ribbon and you knocked me over dead with your creative way of interpreting the squares by using stitching. so clever :) thanks for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.