Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #14

Saturday, September 11, 2010



Another brilliant sketch this week from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog AND a preview of one of the NEW stamp sets being released tomorrow at Waltzingmouse Stamps!!! There are five sets being released, just wait until you see them all, wow!! Ok, so here's my interpretation of the sketch, I flipped it around and made the box a bit bigger.


This is just a little sample of the Teeny Trees Stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, there are so many different elements in this set, just wait until you see it tomorrow!! I went with an Autumnal theme, not my usual color choice but I like how it turned out.


Here's a close up of the trees, luckily I had some quilling papers in similar tones so I made a few quilled trees to go with the stamped ones. I added some stitching on the sewing machine to add some depth to my little scene. I paper pieced some textured mulberry paper at the bottom.


How cute are these little bird stamps, there's two in the set, each facing a different direction. I used Lemon Yellow Impress Ink and Ink it Up Chocolate Brown to stamp the tree tops and trunks. I quilled some simple pegs and coils from yellow and orange quilling strips for the quilled tree.


I added the other little birdie into one of the stamped trees to complete the Autumn scene. The quilled tree is a large coil pinched at the top into a teardrop shape.


A detail from the pretty bow, I painted some pale lemon seam binding with Buttercup Creative Inspirations Paint. I layered a little button and some natural twine on top of that. The sentiment is also from the new Teeny Trees stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added some pleated card at the bottom of the card.

Make sure you visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some inspiration from the Design Team. Please use the keyword WMSC14 when uploading to public galleries. You have until Midnight EST Thursday September 16th to upload your creation to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Have FUN!! AND don't forget to check out the new stamp sets being released tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

Supplies: 


Card/Paper: Orange card, cream card, mulberry paper
Stamps: Teeny Trees by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Impress Ink Lemon Yellow, Ink it Up Chocolate Brown, VersaMagic Persimmon
Other: Buttercup Creative Inspirations Paint, seam binding, twine, beige cotton twill, sewing machine, quilling strips in yellow and orange, button.

12 comments

  1. Clare, your card is fantastic. I love those vibrant autumnal yellow and golds and the way you added texure using your quilling papers and buttons - very clever lady :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Clare ... The quilling really looks modern against those stamps too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the elements on your card, and the colours are gorgeous together. Love the quilling too, a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your trees Clare - especially the quilled ones! what great colors and super stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admire how you handled a mono-chromatic palette. That quilling is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set is definitely on my wish list Clare! I love these little trees and love all the yellow tones you've used, and your quilling is fab!
    Thank you so much for yourl ovely comment on my blog recently,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Clare! Love the quilled trees amongst the WM forest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgeous preview Clare! I love the card, especially the quilled trees, infact I love everything about it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those tress in different looks, and the stitching is just simple amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous citrus colours and I just love the quilling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful , love those quilled trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super sweet Clare. I love the quilling you did for the trees. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.